Clip of "Sesame Street 4-D" online

gfarkwort

Reaction score
I wanna see more...is it only in Japan? Is it comming here?

beaker

Reaction score
Thank you so much for posting these! As some of you may know, Sesame has had the kind of collector following in Japan we could only wish for here.
Sadly this doesnt spill over for Muppetdom, but at least Sesame is popular there.
Anyways, I had been totally wanting to see what this film looks like, given 99.9999999% of Sesame fans arent going to be going to Japan just to see this.
I just hope someone can get a 2d bootleg of the whole thing so we can see this project. I wonder if the Sesame performers themselves have even seen it.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you so much for posting these! As some of you may know, Sesame has had the kind of collector following in Japan we could only wish for here.
Sadly this doesnt spill over for Muppetdom, but at least Sesame is popular there.
Anyways, I had been totally wanting to see what this film looks like, given 99.9999999% of Sesame fans arent going to be going to Japan just to see this.
I just hope someone can get a 2d bootleg of the whole thing so we can see this project. I wonder if the Sesame performers themselves have even seen it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to Japan in the summer, so...hopefully..yeah.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
How come there's no sound :confused: :frown:
Because those clips are rough CG demos, to show you how its done. If you look at the bottom of the clips while they're playing, it says each effect/transition used as it occurs. The sound is dubbed in later.

muppet maniac

Reaction score

Well right now in Japan theyve got their own version of Sesame Street, which surprisingly isnt so successful. The only American Muppets there are Elmo, Big Bird, and Cookie, and there are four new Muppets. They do use clips from the original American version, but only two of them in each episode(one would be animated and the other would be Muppet, most of them with either Ernie, Bert, or Grover). And on merchandise, they have all the seven regular Muppetsplus Ernie, Bert, and Grover, and no Zoe, Oscar, Count, etc sight, which I am sure is making everyone frustrated. But, Sesame Street Partners Japan(SSPJ), the company formed by SW and some Japanese organizations to make the local version, not only manages the rights to the local, but also the original American show. So if theres going to be any merchandise or special thing with the characters not seen on the merch based on the merch, theyre gonna manage all that. All the merchandise has the SSPJ website link and a copyright that goes like this: Sesame Workshop*SSPJ/TV Tokyo. I have seen an Oscar shirt made by Sanrio with the link and the copyright, and Kids` Favorite Songs was released on VHS/DVD last month, also with the link and copyright, and on auctions.yahoo.jp, I saw a notepad made by Sanrio with all the characters in the 35th anniversary art style. And theres a Sesame Street Live show coming this month. But you know what was so funny? Everytime I went out, I saw people with SS stuff, but most of them either the stuff from USJ or the t-shirts from America! I havent seen one person with anything based on the Japanese version.

Okay, Sesame Street 4-D Movie Magic. The show was basically made in the US, but never aired there. And it was filmed during the 33rd season. Oh and guess what beaker?

BEAR

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
It sound like the new guy who does Big Bird from Jeroney to Ernie.

I'll have to disagree with you here. It actually sounds just like Carroll Spinney's voice, the real Big Bird as far as I'm concerned.

Did Spinney do it?

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was Matt Vogel doing the bird in that one.

At least, that's how Big Bird is credited in imdb.com for Sesame 4-D.