Cloud Forest and Animal Show Coming to DVD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
It also says Song of the Cloud Forest will be released with two more episodes of the Animal Show on it.

FANTASTIC! A shame that there's only 7 episodes released out of three whole seasons, but it's still good news

:halo::halo::halo: <---a SHOW of happy ANIMALs

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Very cool news! I used to check out the Animal Show once in awhile when it was on and it was a fun show and had some of the most amazing realistic animal puppets I've seen from Henson. And Steve and Dave were of course great as Stinky and Jake. Any word if it will also be out on DVD in the UK? I have a friend who would be interested in this.

Song of the Cloud Forest too! How great would it be if they get the rest of the Jim Henson Hour shows out on DVD?

Drtooth

Reaction score
FANTASTIC! A shame that there's only 7 episodes released out of three whole seasons, but it's still good news
It's a start, after all. Don't forget, Fraggle Rock was released as volumes before we got sets too.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Before anyone gets too excited or confused by that heading, Jim Henson Hour is NOT coming to dvd. One of the specials that made up the second half hour (Song of the Cloud Forest is).

Many of those second half hours (which weren't Storyteller episodes) were produced as their own stand-alone individual specials (as were some of the hour longs) in order that they could air on their own elsewhere. So things like Song, Living With Dinosaurs, Monster Maker, Lighthouse Island, and even Miss Piggy's Hollywood were all in essence "specials" that were aired in the US/Canada under the banner of "Jim Henson Hour"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Of course, unless they can get permission to include Sam the Eagle in the bald eagle episode, then there would probably never be "complete" sets.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Surely Disney would grant that... I would hope with Disney buying The Muppets that they would maintain an easy partnership with The Jim Henson Company. No matter who owns what, people are always going to see all The Muppets from whatever production (Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, The Muppet Show, The Jim Henson Hour, Muppets Tonight, and so on) as belonging to Jim Henson and company.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Everyone? Fans, yes. Disney, no. May i present the jury with Exhibits A & B - Disney's refusal to allow Kermit to be used in dvd releases of Emmet Otter & Christmas Toy.

Disney has been largely fantastic with its handling of the Muppets but this is one of the rare areas where they've reverted to classic EEEEVIL Disney.

Just as the Muppets are poised to be high-visibility in 2010, i say the fans should be equally as active and a Free Kermit Campaign is in order.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Everyone? Fans, yes. Disney, no. May i present the jury with Exhibits A & B - Disney's refusal to allow Kermit to be used in dvd releases of Emmet Otter & Christmas Toy.
Ah- good point. I'd actually forgotten about those. Yes, that is still annoying...:mad:
I don't see how it would've killed Disney to allow the use of Kermit on the DVD releases. It would probably have boosted their sales that much more.:rolleyes:
Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.