1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Cloud Forest and Animal Show Coming to DVD!

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by GonzoLeaper, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

2. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

It also says Song of the Cloud Forest will be released with two more episodes of the Animal Show on it.

FANTASTIC! A shame that there's only 7 episodes released out of three whole seasons, but it's still good news

:halo::halo::halo: <---a SHOW of happy ANIMALs
  3. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Very cool news! I used to check out the Animal Show once in awhile when it was on and it was a fun show and had some of the most amazing realistic animal puppets I've seen from Henson. And Steve and Dave were of course great as Stinky and Jake. Any word if it will also be out on DVD in the UK? I have a friend who would be interested in this.

Song of the Cloud Forest too! How great would it be if they get the rest of the Jim Henson Hour shows out on DVD?
  4. statler salad

statler salad Member

5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It's a start, after all. Don't forget, Fraggle Rock was released as volumes before we got sets too.
  6. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Before anyone gets too excited or confused by that heading, Jim Henson Hour is NOT coming to dvd. One of the specials that made up the second half hour (Song of the Cloud Forest is).

Many of those second half hours (which weren't Storyteller episodes) were produced as their own stand-alone individual specials (as were some of the hour longs) in order that they could air on their own elsewhere. So things like Song, Living With Dinosaurs, Monster Maker, Lighthouse Island, and even Miss Piggy's Hollywood were all in essence "specials" that were aired in the US/Canada under the banner of "Jim Henson Hour"
  7. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Of course, unless they can get permission to include Sam the Eagle in the bald eagle episode, then there would probably never be "complete" sets.
  8. GonzoLeaper

Surely Disney would grant that... I would hope with Disney buying The Muppets that they would maintain an easy partnership with The Jim Henson Company. No matter who owns what, people are always going to see all The Muppets from whatever production (Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, The Muppet Show, The Jim Henson Hour, Muppets Tonight, and so on) as belonging to Jim Henson and company.
  9. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Everyone? Fans, yes. Disney, no. May i present the jury with Exhibits A & B - Disney's refusal to allow Kermit to be used in dvd releases of Emmet Otter & Christmas Toy.

Disney has been largely fantastic with its handling of the Muppets but this is one of the rare areas where they've reverted to classic EEEEVIL Disney.

Just as the Muppets are poised to be high-visibility in 2010, i say the fans should be equally as active and a Free Kermit Campaign is in order.
  10. GonzoLeaper

Ah- good point. I'd actually forgotten about those. Yes, that is still annoying...:mad:
    I don't see how it would've killed Disney to allow the use of Kermit on the DVD releases. It would probably have boosted their sales that much more.:rolleyes:
    Oh well.
  11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I never saw anything more than a short clip on Henson.com years ago, so this will be a real treat!
  12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Which is why when I posted it 2 hours earlier here I said "Song of the Cloud Forrest," not Jim Henson Hour.

It's a start, I suppose... ties in nicely with Earth Day.
  13. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

True. I think Disney/Henson lawyers are the only ones who don't see it that way, but as far as Im concerned, if its:

The Muppet Show, movies, tv shows, and specials
    Sesame Street movies, tv shows, and specials
    Fraggle Rock
    Bear in the Big Blue House
    Puppet Up and Henson Alternative
    Big Bag
    Hoobs
    Mopatop
    Animal Show
    Pajanimals
    Cloud Forest
    Dog City
    City Kids
    50's-70's commercials/business tapes

...then it's ALL Muppets. Though, I don't know if I'd consider "Sid the Science Kid" or bought properties(Unstable Tales, John Chandler's The Skrumps, Wubbulous World of Dr Seuss) Muppets...and depending on what Im feeling, I alternate between calling Dinosaurs Fantasy Creature Shop world or Muppets world:)
  14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Wait, Monster Maker and Lighthouse *arent* Storyteller? They sure look like it to me. Weird

Well, we got Storyteller on dvd...now strangely enough and out of nowhere Cloud Forest(who could possibly even remember this though?)

Now all we need is the ACTUAL Muppet Television portion segments, Muppets @WDW and Muppets Tonight(the latter two were Disney to begin with so it should be extra easy)
  15. GonzoLeaper

Sorry about that then. Didn't mean to cause any confusion or give anyone false hope.:o:concern:
    And I mainly just meant to post about The Animal Show on this thread b/c at the time I didn't see that anyone had posted about it yet.:busy:
  16. vettech28

vettech28 Active Member

I'm excited about this! I never saw Animal Show and I've only seen one clip from Song of the Cloud Forest so I can't wait to get them when they come out.
    Makes perfect sense for me because according to the Muppet Wiki, Animal Show was on Animal Planet in the early 90s and I love watching Animal Planet! :)
  17. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

18. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

I totally cannot wait for these! I'm totally gonna be the first person at the dvd store on the release date!:insatiable:
  19. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

I'm picking up that Cloud Forest DVD myself. I'm not totally 100% on the Animal Show, but we'll see. But yeah, I've only seen a very very tiny bit of Cloud Forest from "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson" when that little frog sings, always thought it looked neat.
  20. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.