Coco- Pixar's next non-sequel release

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm super excited for this movie, if for no other reason than it's a Pixar movie that isn't a sequel. I still don't see why we need a Cars 3, but anyways.... The first teaser for Coco came out today:

I really hope the movie's good.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Because all the Cars fans like me want the continuing story of McQueen & Co. (Seriously, I'm hyped for the film, but that's off topic. :stick_out_tongue: )
No offense to Cars fans by any means. They just seemed like the weaker of the Pixar movies. Not bad, just not as good as the others. That being said, I am actually a lot more excited about this one than I was the second movie. I think this one is going to be the sequel we should've had in the first place, y'know, with more character development and more focus on the residents of Radiator Springs.
I expect to see a lot of fan art crossing this over with The Book of Life. :smile:
I'm definitely seeing the similarities now. Before it seemed like people were just comparing it because their plots centered around the same holiday, which is kind of like comparing A Christmas Story and A Christmas Carol. But seeing as how the main character plays a guitar and seems to be reuniting with a dead parent in the after life, i'd say the comparisons are more understandable now.

btw, the animation for this looks beautiful.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm sad.

There once was a time where I always looked forward to seeing Pixar's latest masterpieces - I would never miss a single one, and each one would somehow always top the previous in terms of story, direction, execution, and of course, their ever-advancing CGI technology (it's still weird to look back on the original TOY STORY and it looks so primitive and dated, yet that was state-of-the-art at the time).

But somehow, for whatever reason, as I've gotten older, I've just become less of a spectator, and there's really no desire or drive to want to go see something anymore. I've seen every Pixar movie in theaters up until WALL*E, then it just kind of stopped after that. I kept missing opportunities to see UP! (and I still haven't seen it), and after that, I ended up losing interest in seeing it - that's happened more and more frequently in recent years (like Aardman's PIRATES! movie, I really wanted to see that, but never got the opportunity to, then I lost interest). I believe the only post-WALL*E Pixar movies I've seen in theaters are BRAVE and FINDING DORY (I missed out on seeing TOY STORY 3, but I ended up getting the DVD as a gift). For whatever reason, I just really haven't had interest in seeing others like MONSTER'S UNIVERSITY, INSIDE OUT, or THE GOOD DINOSAUR. No do I have any interest in seeing this either.

I feel as though part of the problem too is that CGI has really lost its marvel: it's become an industry standard now, more and more studios (including countless off-brand and third-party) have switched to CGI, so gone are the days when you had Pixar and DreamWorks (and later Blue Sky) competing to bring us some really amazing, marvelous, and advanced CGI movies, because CGI has become white noise anymore.

I wish I didn't feel this way, but I just don't know if I can go back to the enthusiam and intrigue of seeing the latest Pixar masterpieces as they're released anymore.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I feel as though part of the problem too is that CGI has really lost its marvel: it's become an industry standard now, more and more studios (including countless off-brand and third-party) have switched to CGI, so gone are the days when you had Pixar and DreamWorks (and later Blue Sky) competing to bring us some really amazing, marvelous, and advanced CGI movies, because CGI has become white noise anymore.
It's especially the off-brand crap that makes the medium seem cheap and disposable. But at least those are flopping more and more, most recently with Norm of the North and Rock Dog. Had they been released a decade earlier, we would have been seeing sequels out the sphincter.

Oh yeah, and Ice Age 5 was the lowest-grossing movie in the series so far, even taking foreign box office figures into account. I don't see the eventual 6th one doing any better.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
This may be the first pixar film that I will not go and see (excluding toy story 1 and 2 bugs life and monster inc as I wasn't born) because it just doesn't interest me