Collector: Buying Original, Actual Muppets

MattP

Reaction score
I'm a collector who'd love to own an original muppet used on the Muppet Show or The Muppet Movie. Is there a site, a dealer or other source for actual Muppet puppets? Most interested in Kermit (big surprise, right?)

Thank you,
-Matt :smile:

Whatever

Reaction score
No, the Jim Henson Company does not sell actual Muppets. Please don't post a thread on the same topic more than once. It is superfluous.

Ryan

Reaction score
There's no way you'll ever find authentic Muppets...they would never let them out to the public. As far as getting one goes, you can try and make your own, a lot of people here do that.

Camellia

Reaction score
hi, I spotted a dog-like figure from The Creature Shop, up for auction, back in the "earlier days" of ebay c. 1997. :frown: I emailed JHC about it, and the management thanked me and closed the auction through ebay. They noted that someone (like an employee) must have thrown it in the trash, or originally stolen it, for it to have gotton out for sale. They said it wasn't their policy to sell Muppets or items from their sets.

I was glad to have helped stop the resale on ebay of that one. The dealer selling it probably had no idea that JHC wouldn't have wanted an item like that sold.

eek! :smile: