College and the Muppets

Hubert

Reaction score
I was looking at Kermit's Muppet Wiki page today, and I noticed something interesting: they had a picture of his official Facebook profile from the fan-a-thon last year, and on it said that Kermit studied at Tadpole College. Then I found Miss Piggy's and her profile says that she studied at the Paris School of Design. This put me on a mad chase looking for other Muppet college references, and we also know from the Jason Alexander episode of MT that Gonzo went to college.

So this got me to thinking a couple things. The first is, what other evidence do we have of the Muppets going to college? Anything they said whether on-screen or in a book or even in an interview?

And the second thing is this: how does that idea of Kermit, Piggy, and Gonzo going to college affect or Muppet timeline? I personally don't like the idea of putting that Kermit went to college because it seems to mess with the TMM story I know oh so well. I can relate better to a Kermit who didn't go get that education, but rather simply reached his goal by following a dream. I feel like putting him with a college degree gives him way too much to stand on, where I'd rather see some lowly, uneducated frog come up, follow his dream, and become a star.

Of course, if we also believe TMTM, all of the Muppets went to Danhurst College together, which for some reason I don't mind as much because we got to see what happened after college, though I personally find that as more of just a story and not the real thing like TMM was. (This kinda ties into Mo Frackle's timeline thread he made a while back).

Anyone have any more college evidence or thoughts on this?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I don't think that him going to college really messes with the story, it just shows that he was prepared if something didn't work out. Kermit's not a dumb frog; he probably wanted to make sure he could have a job if his dream didn't work out. He was more than likely a good student in the local swamp school, and no reason to turn down a scholarship or something like that.

Piggy probably went to college after she became a star, and had the time to pursue her love of fashion without needing to worry about providing for herself like before she met up with Kermit and everyone else.