College no more........

Drtooth

Reaction score
But the baby boomers are somewhat lucky as they're getting ready to retire, whereas we 20-somethings are given the unsurmountable task of dealing with the problems of the future. :stick_out_tongue:
Well, us 20 somethings that aren't the spoiled, imbecilic offspring of rich people anyway....

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, us 20 somethings that aren't the spoiled, imbecilic offspring of rich people anyway....
Right.

Definately not the Shane's and Stephanie's & even Paul's (and let's not count the children of those people, like Auroa & her younger sibling) of the world! XD

I was meaning those of us that must fight our way through a sea of jobs and try to find that place where we best belong. ^_^

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was meaning those of us that must fight our way through a sea of jobs and try to find that place where we best belong. ^_^

Hey, I know where I belong. I just don't know how the heck to get there. And Practice isn't the answer. I need a freaking map.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
But the baby boomers are somewhat lucky as they're getting ready to retire, whereas we 20-somethings are given the unsurmountable task of dealing with the problems of the future. :stick_out_tongue:
Well the baby boomers born in in the late 40's and in the 50's did not have to face a whole sea full of college graduates like today. Back then a lot of people either completed high school and went to work straight after or they dropped out of high school by the 10th or 11th grade and went straight to work. That was the norm 50 years ago. Plus there was only a very small percentage of people going to college and graduating.

Now things are different in today's times.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Hey, I know where I belong. I just don't know how the heck to get there. And Practice isn't the answer. I need a freaking map.
Likewise. Too bad no one is willing to give directions!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
If you find a map, email me one too, would ya? I need to figure out how to get from where am at to where I need to be.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Communication Studies may sound like an "easy" degree or things like that but let's face it, you use communication every day of your life and being an expert in it sure hasn't hurt.
As a former Comm major, I agree it was not as easy as it sounds, lol, but definitely worthwhile. There's the potential to influence so much.

And good for you joing a sorority that did good things!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Oh, they definitely lied. I graduated 8 months ago after obtaining my second degree, and I'm *still* unemployed. There's pretty much nothing in my field that I can locate, anything I do find requires experience I don't have. Maybe I can put "get a job" on my New Years 2009 Resolution List? :/

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't think it's so much that they lie, but that they're so far removed from that initial after college experience, they don't remember or give an entirely realistic impression. Or they don't understand times are different. Just to give the benefit of the doubt. :wink: