Come up with an idea for a Muppet Skit!!!

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
No, I won't give you anything if you come up with a really, really good one, but this will be fun anyway.

Imagine you are part of the creative team for the Muppet show. We need a sketch, sans any guest stars, and pronto. What do you do?

I've always had this idea for a skit of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem singing Jungle Boogie by Kool and the Gang in the middle of a crowded city. Think of the possibilities! :smile:

And what would ever happen if Bunsen built a time machine? What Beaker come back like? Oh, the possibilities, the possibilities! :big_grin:

-SPEEGS

Salmoto

Reaction score
I'd like to see the Muppets do "Roam if you want to" using all of the main cast ethnically divided into their countries of origin, and a few pigs and penguins. No Muppet travels without a pig and/or penguin.

5 words...."Giant Sabre-Toothed cave Beaker..." For once the Beakster gets to turn the tables on the melon-headed doctor.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
I've come up with NUMEROUS ones...

Dr. Strangepork inventing a teleporter that beams Elmo onto the "Pigs In Space" set. "Elmo not supposed to be here..."

Various "Veterinarian's Hospital" bits which include cameos from Oscar the Grouch, Mokey Fraggle, and Guy Smiley.

I just thought of one tonight--Floyd singing "Imagine" while playing piano. (Hey, he can play more than the bass!)

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Monty Python's "The Dead Parrot Sketch," with Gonzo as the pet-shop owner.

The Electric Mayhem singing "In My Life."

Scooter or Robin singing "Any Dream Will Do" from Joseph.

Heck, the TMS cast doing the Remix from Joseph!

The Muppets doing ANYTHING by Spike Jones, especially "My Old Flame," "The Horse Race (aka Beetlebomb)," "The Car Race" and "The Man on the Flying Trapeze." I can also see Gonzo singing Dr. Demento's "Poisoning Pigeons."

Oh! Just thought of this one! The Electric Mayhem and a muppet folk band (or else just a couple Muppets playing the fiddle) doing "Orange Blossom Special."

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
I can also see Gonzo singing Dr. Demento's "Poisoning Pigeons."
a point of note, "Poisioning Pigeons" was sung by Tom Lehrer, who is second only to Weird Al in my mind when it comes to comedy music. some of his others include "The Masochism Tango", "Oedipus Rex", and "The Perodic Table" or whatever the actual name of it is, where he sings the names of all the elements on the Perodic Table (in order) to the tune of "I Am The Very Model Of A Modern Major General".

i just had to point that out...now Chris can call me a nerd again...

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
i just had to point that out...now Chris can call me a nerd again...
Why wait for Chris to call you one? I can call you a nerd if you want me to. *insert evil grin smiley here*

Okay, now I gotta go find that Periodic Table one...

EDIT: Oh! Thought up another one! The Benjamin Calypso from Joseph (anyone else picking up on a pattern here? :wink: )

grail

Reaction score
Okay, now I gotta go find that Periodic Table one...

EDIT: Oh! Thought up another one! The Benjamin Calypso from Joseph (anyone else picking up on a pattern here? :wink: )
if you can find the CD "An Evening Wasted with Tom Lehrer", it's on that...and it's usually pretty cheap. i have it, and can see about putting it into a format that i can send it to you if you want...though it sounds like that'd have to wait because they broke your connection, right? comp labs are usually sticky about downloading and saving music...

oh, and i see the pattern! i like Joseph, i really do. even own the DVD. my parents went and saw Donny Osmond do the show in Chicago awhile back, and didn't even TELL me until afterwards...i was so upset.

i'm a bit of a musical junkie...

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
if you can find the CD "An Evening Wasted with Tom Lehrer", it's on that...and it's usually pretty cheap. i have it, and can see about putting it into a format that i can send it to you if you want...though it sounds like that'd have to wait because they broke your connection, right? comp labs are usually sticky about downloading and saving music...
Well, fortunately they fixed...whatever problem it was so I have internet in my room now (yay!). And I have a music search engine called SongSpy and I think I found it on that.

*listens* Yup, I found it! *laughs* This is great! I can SO see Bunsen doing this!

oh, and i see the pattern! i like Joseph, i really do. even own the DVD. my parents went and saw Donny Osmond do the show in Chicago awhile back, and didn't even TELL me until afterwards...i was so upset.
My mom saw the show with Donny Osmond several years ago. She enjoyed it so much that she got tickets for our whole family plus my grandmother and grandfather to go up to Chicago and see it. It was fun; got to take nearly the entire day off of school. We own the video, but not the DVD (on account of we got it before we got our DVD player). Now the musical I REALLY wanna see is Jekyll and Hyde; so far I own just the Concept and Original Broadway cast soundtracks.

i'm a bit of a musical junkie...
So'm I! Nothing wrong with that!

grail

Reaction score
Now the musical I REALLY wanna see is Jekyll and Hyde; so far I own just the Concept and Original Broadway cast soundtracks.
it exists on video and DVD! i got it for my sister for christmas, but i havn't seen it.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
it exists on video and DVD! i got it for my sister for christmas, but i havn't seen it.
Yeah, I think I've heard about that. Unfortunately I think it's the Pay-Per-View version that aired on TV some years ago, with David Hasselhoff in the title role(s). Now personally I think Hasselhoff had no business being in that musical, and they should have done the Pay-Per-View airing with Robert Cuciolli. Now HE was a good Jekyll and Hyde!