Comics?

Kiki

Reaction score
I love those KISS comics! They are so cheesy they're funny! Other than that, Tintin is the only other comic I like, And I've read all of the Tintin ones, and most in french and in english.
Oh yeah, Tintin, I love that comic! The show was aweosme, too. That is so cool that you know the KISS comics! Arn't they great? But yeah, totally cheesy. XDD

Pork

Reaction score
I forgot about Tintin, I used to read them alot too.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Lets see...I am mostly a Marvel girl, with most of my fandom being X-Men. Lately though, the soap opera-ness of the new stories (most of all White Queen) has really turned me off reading the new issues, so I have gotten back to collecting back issues from the time I started collecting (1996) and earlier...I really, really miss Generation X and the time when the X-Men felt more like a family than a team :frown:.
I also read Spider-Man, even though I think what they did with Mary Jane was a little iffy :\. All and all, the movies may be good for Marvel as a whole, but they really have effected the comics in a bad way IMHO...
I also was a diehard Catwoman reader until they gave her a new outfit with the frog goggles and changed her character from being light hearted and fun :|. *sigh* To think she was my role model..aw well...

Let's see...I like the first series or so of Gold Digger before it started to be made in color and got weird too detailed storylines, it use to be funny...
Oh, and I collect a few random manga series...Golly, I should just make a youtube video to share my collections, my comics are one long box and about two filing boxes full now :3

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I love sequential art and I try not to limit myself to just one genre. Indeed, I suppose my tastes are a mixing pot.

As far as comic strips, I adore Calvin and Hobbes. It really was a beautiful strip that took advantage of environments and nature. Peanuts, of course is a favorite. Looking at it now, it seems so much more deep than it did when I was younger. I also enjoy For Better or For Worse. This wasn't a comic I liked as a kid, but I have really grown to apprecieate the art style.

I enjoy manga. I love the often deep storylines that go on in these series. Death Note, for example, has a really interesting story, especially for the first six or so books.

I really love reading family friendly works like Owly and the old Disney comics that the show Duck Tales was inspired from.

I have so many favorites, but I'm afraid I'd be here all night listing them all. In fact, I feel really bad that I can't even think correctly at the moment to even get past the tip of the iceberg!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I read pretty much every comic in the newspaper except cathy and prince valeant.

I have a bart simpson comic book (The Big Book of Bart Simpson) and I had another simpsons comic book (Simpsons Comics Belly Busters, I think)

We also used to have several Calvin and Hobbes books, but they got lost when we moved :mad:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, my brother has all the Calvin and Hobbes treasuries.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Man I love comics, but sadly haven't bought any in a loooong time. The ones I have the most are X-Men, Witchblade, and Batman (mostly Detective).

I remember the last one I bought though (as of this typing at least, lol) It was Sonic the Hedgehog: In Your Face, truth be told though I only bought it because I though it was the first issue of the Sonic series, but I found out it's not.

One comic in my collection that I'm very proud to have is Uncanny X-men issue 266. I'm proud of this comic because it's the very first appearce of Gambit, whom is one of my top favorite X-men characters. I was so happy the day I got this, lol.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Man I love comics, but sadly haven't bought any in a loooong time. The ones I have the most are X-Men, Witchblade, and Batman (mostly Detective).

I remember the last one I bought though (as of this typing at least, lol) It was Sonic the Hedgehog: In Your Face, truth be told though I only bought it because I though it was the first issue of the Sonic series, but I found out it's not.

One comic in my collection that I'm very proud to have is Uncanny X-men issue 266. I'm proud of this comic because it's the very first appearce of Gambit, whom is one of my top favorite X-men characters. I was so happy the day I got this, lol.
My favorite characters are Rogue and Gambit :excited:. I have both of their first appearances :smile: