1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Coming Soon: Sam and Friends book by Craig Shemin

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by zns, Sep 25, 2018.

1. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Just announced on Toughpigs.com today. Famed Muppet writer, historian and president of The Jim Henson Legacy Craig Shemin will be writing a book about Jim's earliest show Sam and Friends. While there are no details yet on the book you can read about the article right here: http://www.toughpigs.com/sam-and-friends-book/.

2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I'm super excited about this book! I've tried to watch as much Sam and Friends stuff that I could find. Hanson's YouTube channel has a lot. This should be a wonderful look at Jim's early work.

3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Sounds awesome. I'd imagine it'd have as much history about the show as they have, design sketches, BTS photos, and probably descriptions of the surviving episodes and connecting them to later Muppet bits.

zns and gavry3 like this.
  4. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Imma preorder the s:shifty::shifty:t outta this b:grouchy::grouchy::grouchy:h!!!!

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  5. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I'll have to wait till it comes out. But sounds really cool!

6. zns

zns Well-Known Member

I have no doubt that Craig will have plenty of BTS stuff for all of us fans to pore over when the book comes out. He has been very instrumental in preserving not only Sam and Friends but all of the work Henson has done up to this day. I think it is safe to say that this is a project none of us would have expected to ever come out. I'm sure there will also be plenty of publicity for this as it gets closer to the release date.

gavry3 likes this.
  7. zns

zns Well-Known Member

One thing that would be a perfect addition in the book would be a DVD containing all the surviving episodes of Sam and Friends as well as some early behind the scenes footage and a photo slideshow. I can't say that it will happen and that it's a long shot, especially due to copyright issues, but it's still a nice thought.:jim:

gavry3, Phillip and Froggy Fool like this.
  8. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Yes!!! Seriously, they need to work something out. A DVD or two wouldn't hurt.

...Okay, two may be a bit of a stretch but still!!!

Froggy Fool likes this.
  9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I can't see them putting out a DVD for various rights reasons, mainly regarding Kermit and all the novelty recordings they used.

zns likes this.
  10. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Mmm. True.

11. zns

zns Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I thought with copyright issues.

12. zns

zns Well-Known Member

I would imagine however that during the book's release they would have a special Sam and Friends screening and signing event with Craig at the Museum of the Moving Image in NYC. Again, still just wishful thinking.

13. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I don't know, they did have Sam and Friends listed in that latest Muppet enysclopida.

14. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Now THAT is somewhat more likely.