Coming Soon: Sesame Street Season 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Yesterday, Billboard posted a video featuring recent guest appearances by music artists Ed Sheeran and Macklemore on Sesame Street; our first real look at what Season 45 is going to offer.

(By the way, I do realize there are other threads related to this topic, but I'm creating this mostly to house any future developments about this season that come up.)

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Also, this is a sidebar, but Elmo’s performance is really meh here. It looks like Ryan Dillon toned down his Elmo a bit (which, in principle, seems appropriate) and is trying to do something other than copy Kevin. On one hand, his interactions with Mackelmore is kind of funny, and on the other, I’ve just become depressed for reasons I choose not to delve into on this thread. I don’t want to sound like a sourpuss, but I only said this because of my potent feelings at the moment. End of sidebar.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't care much for "Thrift Store", and the spoof sounds okay from what they play. I hope it just doesn't become too dated by the time it airs.

Ed Sheeran's song, however, sounds great.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see Hooper's Store has seen some more minor modifications for Season 45, like its side wall being a goldish color, and the Hooper's name being painted on the side of the trim.

Also, nice to see the lighting has been brightened back up, the street seemed to be in a perpetual sunset there for a long time.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
I don't care much for "Thrift Store", and the spoof sounds okay from what they play. I hope it just doesn't become too dated by the time it airs.
I can't remember where I first heard that song, but I find myself subconsciously crooning the chorus every now and again; and I don't even listen to pop music! What's wrong with me? :crazy:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Oh, it's catchy, I'm not gonna deny that. I find myself singing the chorus from time to time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I rolled my eyes at the concept, but the Grouch angle intrigues me. Maybe I have a Grouch bias or something, but it seems like it's going to fun if anything.

And it probably will be dated due to the fact they're hitting these pop culture bits when they're still ripe when the show is in production... but when you wait a year or two to broadcast them, they're already over. The ***** parody (which was kinda in name only, anyway) really felt dated because they did that one even further in advance, and the group didn't last too long.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And it probably will be dated due to the fact they're hitting these pop culture bits when they're still ripe when the show is in production... but when you wait a year or two to broadcast them, they're already over.
Yeah, they either need to not wait so long to put the episodes on the air, or not start up production so far in advance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Budget wise, I think they have to. I really do not like the idea of making that many episodes 2 years in advance, especially since it takes months to air the full season of 26 episodes. Not every reference is going to be timeless to begin with, but they luck out of something is a big cultural phenom... like Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, and shows like that. But when it comes to pop music, that's far more time sensitive. Some of these stars are only known for one song, and that one song can go from being popular at the beginning of summer to becoming a joke before the first frost.

If these episodes were made within a reasonable time frame before the episode airs, the references work. But considering that they do things 2 years in advance, and episodes can air as late as March or April... that's a lot of Animation lead Time for a non-animated show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's what I'm saying... a year in advance, maybe, but TWO? I really don't see how budget somehow causes them to film that far in advance, but whatevs.

Status
Not open for further replies.