1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Coming Soon: "The Jim Henson Collection" DVD

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by MuppetDanny, Mar 2, 2013.

1. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

FrackleFan2012 and Mo Frackle like this.
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

The Amazon page doesn't say what company's releasing it. If it was being released by Sony I could see it as a multi-pack of The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and Mirror Mask. Or if it's from Sony it could include The Storyteller and/or maybe also The Muppets Take Manhattan (since Henson did work on that and Sony own the rights).

Or maybe it's being released by that company that's taken over the Fraggle Rock video rights (can't remember the spelling offhand). I'm not sure if that company has the rights to other family properties from the company, but it'd be great if it were a little of each Henson childrens series. Maybe an episode each of Fraggle Rock, Animal Show, Ghost of Faffner Hall, Mother Goose Stories, and Secret Life of Toys.

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'd kind of like to have some more details (or just details in general) to get a better of idea of what kind of release this would potentially be.

4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Considering it's only $10, I can't imagine it being anything too spectacular.

5. minor muppetz

Back when Hit had the Jim Henson license, I saw that Hit! put out a few DVDs of multiple kids shows (no Henson stuff, though) and thought it would be great if there'd be a disc of multiple Henson productions, some of the best-known stuff (mainly Fraggle Rock, maybe Animal Show) and some lesser-known unlikely-to-be-released-otherwise shows, and maybe even some rare specials or made-for-video productions like Peek-a-Boo and Billy Bunny's Animal Songs. It would be great if that was this, but we don't know until more details come out.

6. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

That was my first thought as well.

7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

They don't even list the company that's putting this out, so we don't even have a clue what it could be.

8. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Here's a listing for it on DVD Planet. Not much more information, sadly - a UPC code. (883476093239) and a note saying that it's a release from HENSON ( HNSN ). (I'm guessing that's The Jim Henson Company) It also notes that this is a one-disc release.

9. D'Snowth

$8.34? One disc? Yeah, I'm starting to doubt this release will really be worth anyone's while.

10. minor muppetz

While I doubt it, it'd be great if this were released by Disney (which would mean a new Muppet release) or Warner Bros. (which would mean a Sesame Street release. I wonder if Warner would release Follow That Bird and Witches together).

11. minor muppetz

12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

While the fact that this is a compilation DVD sounds a bit disappointing, it's got a Hoobs on it. I can't remember if they released any of that in the US yet. Were they supposed to at one point?

13. D'Snowth

I've never heard of CONSTRUCTION SITE... why does it look like BOB THE BUILDER?

But that may explain the low price... usually, they release "The Person J. Somebody Collection", it's a movie compilation, so I was expecting something like various different movies that Jim had under his belt.. but, yeah.

14. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

So will the proceeds for this go towards more cheap, non-puppet Henson Company projects aimed at tiny children?

mupcollector1 and SuperGzilla12 like this.
  15. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

This is a typical kids DVD - A company owns some old kids shows, puts an episode from each on a single disc, puts said disc into a cheap DVD case, and sells it at Wal-Mart for $10. A lot of companies do this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I might get this new Jim Henson Collection if I happen to see it at Wal-Mart, and I've got a spare $10. (I should note that I don't own any other DVDs with these shows on) Anyone else getting it?

muppetlover123 likes this.
  16. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

If I'm correct, this will be the US debut of Construction Site but yeah, it seems like nothing new to DVD here besides that.

I love how that even though it's called a Jim Henson Collection most of it is stuff from after Henson's lifetime.

17. minor muppetz

I know this is meant to be a cheap family-market release but wouldn't it be great if it had some of the company's unsold pilots and pitches, like Wizard of Id (not sure if they'd need character clearances) or Starboppers?

mupcollector1 likes this.
  18. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Well this release i might get just because of the animal show fraggle rock and the hoobs... thats about it lol

19. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

I'd personally like to see The Wubbulous World of Dr. Suess the complete season 1. Even the complete The Jim Henson Hour on DVD. I would like Disney and Henson to get together so it can be released.
    Yeah totally, even Sam & Friends and the early Muppet commercials as an online exclusive or something like that.

20. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

I'll just stick to complete box sets and season box sets personally. Man, those dvd covers gives me the creeps. lol