Commander In Chief

BEAR

Reaction score
Did anyone see the premiere of Commander in Chief on Tuesday night? After much anticipation I was excited to see it. I very rarely will start watching a primetime drama and follow it from the beginning, but I think I will with this one. This program has brought on a lot of controversy. What do you think of it all? i would be interested to hear your views.

Ziffel

Reaction score
I'm afraid the show is designed to get the American people in a frame of mind ready for Hillary for president in 2008. I heard it is written and directed by a Hillary insider who is a big fan and supporter of hers. And I heard in the first show they talk of if the country will be receptive to a woman president who was just a senator for four years before. Another parallel. I also heard that there is a movie in the works called, "First Man", about a man married to a woman president. Thus, another likely preparation for Bill Clinton becoming a first man in 2008.
Geena Davis is a good actress and perhaps the show will be well written and have interesting storylines. But I won't be tuning in. I have never seen "The West Wing" because of hearing of its leftist leanings. As I am a conservative, I prefer to avoid the show.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
I have never seen "The West Wing" because of hearing of its leftist leanings. As I am a conservative, I prefer to avoid the show.
Yeah, my dad is a conservative Republican too but he follows The West Wing. He is constantly bashing Martin Sheen and his politics but he still watches the show. About CIC, my dad was basically saying the same conclusions you have. He didn't watch the show though.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I watched the show last tuesday and liked it. They did make a lot of references to Hilary Clinton though. Was this show aimed for people to get ready for Hilary Clinton if she becomes president of 2008? I don't know and frankly could care less. It's just a show. I too don't watch any new shows because I don't care to get into any new shows. I like to watch old shows like Home Improvement or Star Trek TNG or DS9. It's just how I am.

ryan

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Now I'm intrigued, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the review, BEAR!

BEAR

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Now I'm intrigued, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the review, BEAR!

Well, I don't think I gave much of a review, but I enjoyed it and plan to follow it as it is an interesting show and something very different. I just opened this thread for anyone else who want to discuss it. I know I would. It might help me understand certain things better too if there are others discussing it.

BEAR

Reaction score
As for this show being a preparation for the possibility of H Clinton being president in 2008. Maybe. I think it may play a significant part. The only difference I see is that Hillary Clinton is not even a very likable personality. I dunno. I am still watching to find out how this will all play.