Commercial rant time...

BornToWemble

Reaction score
Well, it's not like she uses as an excuse or anything... actually, I mean, that's just the way she is, she's that stereotypical over-dramatic older sister you see on TV a lot, who has so much drama going on her life, and yet is completely oblivious to it... I mean, seriously, her home is a hassle, yet she claims she lives a very peaceful life.

I mean, as a man, I wouldn't even begin to imagine how horrible that time of the month is, I've just witnessed it whenever it happens to others, again, like my older sister, and when that happens, some of what I've seen can make Oscar the Grouch look like Mr. Nice Guy.
I didn't mean your sister in particular, but a lot of girls I've known. I know a lot of girls who exaggerate it in front of the men folk and as soon as they're gone they do a 360 degree turn. Not all women do that, for a lot it's really tough WITHOUT PMDD or another disorder that affects the lady parts, but there are girls do the 360 degree thing and think it's just fun to have an excuse to be overtly rotten, especially to men (since women will call them on their crap)

So I just meant that I don't like that those Midol commercials make it look like doing that is perfectally ok.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Speaking as a woman, I do see a lot of women who use it as an excuse to be a ***** once a month and not care about being hurtful. I have a mood disorder associated with PMS called PMDD and it makes all those typical symptoms really severe as well as ones not associated with normal PMS, like depression and anxiety (I have anxiety anyway but it gets worse then). I really hate getting like that and to see other women using normal PMS as a 'fun' excuse to get what they want and be a tyrant really ticks me off. Plus I see too much male bashing in the name of 'feminism'. (Don't take that as my saying feminism is bologna, it's that male bashing like that isn't really feminism, it's sexism and a lot of women I've know don't realize it or care.)
While I do get pretty nasty and have gone into pretty uncalled for rages, I don't use it as an excuse and I feel really bad after I've calmed down. But those are actually pretty rare. Most of the time I am in an extremely good mood, actually. More so than my usual "blah...doom" attitude. Really, people tell me I scare them how happy I am. I'm more likely to cry over something minor than get angry though...

My mom on the there hand, does use it as an excuse to be downright horrible to people. Including me.

I honestly have not seen these midol commercials you speak of

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My mom on the there hand, does use it as an excuse to be downright horrible to people. Including me.
Bwahahahahaha! Luckily my mom had a hysterectomy after I was born, she doesn't have to put up with that anymore... now if my sister would just take a hint (but no, she's considering having another baby, simply because she misses having a little bundle of joy to cuddle and snuggle and everything...)

BornToWemble

Reaction score
While I do get pretty nasty and have gone into pretty uncalled for rages, I don't use it as an excuse and I feel really bad after I've calmed down. But those are actually pretty rare. Most of the time I am in an extremely good mood, actually. More so than my usual "blah...doom" attitude. Really, people tell me I scare them how happy I am. I'm more likely to cry over something minor than get angry though...

I honestly have not seen these midol commercials you speak of
I'll admit that there's something about me that seems to attract abusive women so I might no be the best gauge as to how often I see that kind of behavior in women, but the media seems to make it seem like it's common place, though that isn't a good judge either.

My PMDD rages.. I've been compared to Godzilla. XD But I TRY not to take it out on people, but rather something else. Like play a game or say nasty terrible things about a celebrity I don't like. I feel terrible when I snip at people I care about and I hate seeing other women doing it for fun or just excusing it because they have PMS and not feeling sorry.

I haven't seen those commercials on in a while, lemme see if I can find a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_shy_eDPrcE this is the most obnoxious one, I'm glad I found it. Being someone who is a bit of a mother hen who has absolutely EVERYTHING in her purse to help what ails you and loves to tend to people when they're sick, that one really rubs me wrong. (especially since studies show men have enough trouble taking care of themselves when they feel unwell, no need to make it worse by that sort of thing) I get cramps from PMDD where I can't move and see people complaining and being nasty about less.

I'm sorry your mom does that to you though. I hate it when people are jerks to the ones the supposedly love (Not saying your mom doesn't love you I'm talking from my experiences and others I've personally witnessed)

BornToWemble

Reaction score
Another commercial I hate... The ones for Summer's Eve products. They kind of just say (in my eyes)"Your only worth is to be a sheath to a man's genitals! AND THAT'S AWESOME! So use this project that's actually terrible for your vaginal health!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Another commercial I hate... The ones for Summer's Eve products. They kind of just say (in my eyes)"Your only worth is to be a sheath to a man's genitals! AND THAT'S AWESOME! So use this project that's actually terrible for your vaginal health!"
I THINK I know what commercial you're talking about... isn't that for birth control, while the commercial basically encourages women to go out and fool around with as many men as she wants because she won't have to worry about being impregnated?

But what about OTHER concerns like, oh I don't know, STDs? HIV? AIDS? MORALS? Yeah, something needs to happen to get this country back on track, and re-educate society about what's right and what's wrong...

BornToWemble

Reaction score
I THINK I know what commercial you're talking about... isn't that for birth control, while the commercial basically encourages women to go out and fool around with as many men as she wants because she won't have to worry about being impregnated?

But what about OTHER concerns like, oh I don't know, STDs? HIV? AIDS? MORALS? Yeah, something needs to happen to get this country back on track, and re-educate society about what's right and what's wrong...
It's this commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxW_ZCd64tg

It's not a birth control, it's feminine wash/deoderant/douches. They're very bad for you. The commercial tries to empower and it objectifies at the same time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh. Well, I know there's been birth control commercials like that... I remember one where we see this woman being dropped off in front of her apartment by several different men, each seemingly like obnoxious twerps, until the last one seems like a good egg... but again, the commercial's for a contraceptive, so it basically suggests that women like her should make sure they use it in case she fools around with any of these guys.