Commercial rant time...

BornToWemble

Reaction score
One in Somerville is terrible. It's... ugh... the toy section.... I mean... GAH! Though they DID have the Xiaolin Showdown line, and I wish that I got some of that. Looked for those online and they go for hundreds of dollars... except for Dojo the Dragon which I found relatively cheap. They had some stuff Target didn't have at one point... now it's the same stuff only left over longer and for more money.

Though I was able to get the 25th anniversary re-release Bebop and Rocksteady on clearance there.

But seriously, an air of despair just wafts over you. Wal*Mart kinda stinks, but they at least tend to have something decent sometimes. Target's at least shiny and clean. Compared to those other two, though.

To tell you the truth, I miss having a TRU that I don't need someone to give me a ride to. Got a nice Batman shirt there for 8 bucks a few months ago.
I don't think I've ever been to Somerville. It sounds nice, but again. In Brockton. Not a ton of nice stuff here.

That IS the one thing about K-Mart though. They do tend to have hard to find toys for cheap. I remember it had to be... I don't want to think how many years ago. There was a Star Wars line out and the rarest figure was Grand Moff Tarken. FAO Schwartz had it for over 100 dollar or some what... I collected those, he was the only one I didn't have.

Mom found it in K-Mart for 5 bucks. And as much as I hate going there it's for that very reason I've been toying (no pun intended) with the idea of going there to see if they have some of the harder to find My Little Ponies from the new line. Though still not anytime soon, I just spent 200 dollars on things for my 'investment' collection.

Yeah Walmart isn't great but on my budget I'm forced to shop there because the prices can be pretty good. I try not to shop at Target because of their agenda, and when I do I donate the same amount to the HRC. So it costs me double.

But the KMart in Brockton just oozes even more despair for the fact that it's in the worst corner of town where a lot of destitute people live. Not all,but some. People who can't get very far so they're forced to go to K-Mart. Especially with Shaws' blackballing that property over there and ruining everyone else's business. The only outlets that those people can get to on the BAT are BigLots and that KMart. It's sad.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah Walmart isn't great but on my budget I'm forced to shop there because the prices can be pretty good. I try not to shop at Target because of their agenda, and when I do I donate the same amount to the HRC. So it costs me double.
Heh... all of these major corporations donate to politicos with nasty agenda. It
s not about supporting supporting political views... the truth is they're just buying themselves tax cuts and deregulation. And it's due to the fact that said bigoted politicos ALSO are pro-mutant business. Every corporation covers its butt like that. Target's just the only one that got caught. And my conspiracy theory is that they LET that one out so people won't hear about how Fox News gave a fortune to the Republican Governer's association. But enough about that. It's not like I buy all that much anywhere. I got no money anyway.

OH! That's what I was gonna complain about. I swear to frog WHY does NBC want to shove the unfunny, dated, pile of moose droppings Whitney in my face every 5 seconds? All summer long... every time I would watch something there's like 8 advertisements about it. Nothing got promoted that much on any network. It's bad enough the show's unfunny, but do you have to remind me when I watch something that's actually of value on your network?

BornToWemble

Reaction score
Heh... all of these major corporations donate to politicos with nasty agenda. It
s not about supporting supporting political views... the truth is they're just buying themselves tax cuts and deregulation. And it's due to the fact that said bigoted politicos ALSO are pro-mutant business. Every corporation covers its butt like that. Target's just the only one that got caught. And my conspiracy theory is that they LET that one out so people won't hear about how Fox News gave a fortune to the Republican Governer's association. But enough about that. It's not like I buy all that much anywhere. I got no money anyway.

OH! That's what I was gonna complain about. I swear to frog WHY does NBC want to shove the unfunny, dated, pile of moose droppings Whitney in my face every 5 seconds? All summer long... every time I would watch something there's like 8 advertisements about it. Nothing got promoted that much on any network. It's bad enough the show's unfunny, but do you have to remind me when I watch something that's actually of value on your network?
I know they do, but I try my best to avoid ones that I know donate to ones that I particularly hate as best as I can. I know it's futile but I still try. I only went to target recently for an exclusive item they had.

I have never heard of that show.... But I don't watch a lot of stuff that's not cartoon or reality stuff(guilty pleasure).

But ugh, I just remembered something I wanted to complain about, too. It's all these new commercials for Animal Planet with the 'surprisingly human' tag. I hate that. Do any of their shows REALLY focus on animals anymore? It just seems to be mostly be stupid reality shows with animals involved a tiny bit. I remember when I used to watch Animal Planet and I'd actually learn. **** I remember when TLC had educational programming on it. When it stood for "The Learning Channel" before they replaced learning with loser.

There was another commercial I saw late at night once, had to be this year or last year... It seemed to want to taunt me specifically. It was for a DVD set from the History Channel about Nazi Germany. It started off with something like "They laughed, the played, theyloved/had families etc" like it was actually going to be a objective look into the SS/Hitler and all that, then it ended with "THEY KILLED MILLIONS OF PEOPLE" and continued talking with the same old stuff that everyone always says because they don't want to scare people into reminding them that we're all humans and all equally capable of horrible deeds.

It literally felt like my TV was trolling me specifically, knowing I was bored with reading the same old stuff over and over. To make it worse they used a video clip I wanted to find to show some of my other History Buff friends but I never found it. It's the only time I ever saw that commercial too. :confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have never heard of that show.... But I don't watch a lot of stuff that's not cartoon or reality stuff(guilty pleasure).
It's a lousy sitcom that would have been right at home in the late 90's early 00's... you know, when sitcoms started to really suck. I gave the show 5 minutes, and it was one of the worst 5 minutes I've ever seen on television.

I just want my 30 Rock back. :drool:

BornToWemble

Reaction score
It's a lousy sitcom that would have been right at home in the late 90's early 00's... you know, when sitcoms started to really suck. I gave the show 5 minutes, and it was one of the worst 5 minutes I've ever seen on television.

I just want my 30 Rock back. :drool:
Apparently she has something to do with Chelsea Handler who I can't stand, so no wonder.

Can't say I've ever had the urge to watch 30 Rock, heard it was good though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't think ANYONE actually likes Chelsea Handler... except maybe herself? :confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
UGH...

Guess what Infomercial I just found on TV....

Another get rich quick off real estate scheme program.

I'm sorry... but didn't that kind of Fred Flintstone thinking kinda... I dunno... cause the economic collapse in the first place?

And they DARE limit McDonalds and Cheetos commercials for kids because THAT'S THE PROBLEM!??

Why isn't ANYONE regulating infomercials? We're stuck having them on Television so cheap lazy local programming directors can can sloshed and passed out and get paid for it, but why keep telling poor morons they can become rich morons if they buy up houses and flip them?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Why isn't ANYONE regulating infomercials?
Well they can't just tell a business they're not allowed to advertise. Heck they even had those Psychic Friends infomercials back in the day. If people want to spend their money on those things, it's their business. If there's fraud involved, the business has to actually get caught (like with that "Miss Cleo" woman, heh).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well they can't just tell a business they're not allowed to advertise. Heck they even had those Psychic Friends infomercials back in the day. If people want to spend their money on those things, it's their business. If there's fraud involved, the business has to actually get caught (like with that "Miss Cleo" woman, heh).
Yes and no. There are regulations about slanting commercials towards kids (which is my primary complaint because it killed Children's programming for those not lucky enough to have cable), and we cannot advertise tobacco products on television anymore... and of course, alcohol commercials can only air at a certain viewing hour. And of course, commercials can be yanked off the air if there's enough complaint.

Now, I have problems with the E-trade babies commercials... other than not being funny at all, I feel it encourages younger adults who know NOTHING about the market to invest. But not enough for me to say these should be pulled.

However, considering how many infomercials we're stuck with, you'd think there'd be some sort of responsibility on the part of station owners. There's a difference between buying a super duper kitchen utensil that doesn't work (where you lose a little bit of money, but hey, regular store appliances can disappoint just as bad) and get rich quick schemes and unregulated medicine which can destroy your bank account or your health. I don't mind seeing Kitchen Bullets (I once heard they don't work all that well for making half the foods they say they make... cheese gets stuck up at the top and the chicken becomes pulp), but when you're talking about Fred Flinstone style get rich quick schemes that can end VERY VERY badly for everyone (like the banking situation all over the world), someone needs to take responsibility on that end.

Why is it we're more concerned about kids who do indeed know better seeing a Hawaiian Punch commercial than some adult age Homer Simpson type who doesn't throwing all their money into the stock market and losing it because of a poorly written book?