Commercials we remember, but can't remember what they advertised

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread for commercials we might remember, but not what the commercials were advertising.

One particular commercial, which I think was for some kind of desert, showed two boys having a staring contest. At one point one of them turned one eye to the left while keeping the other eye on his opponent, to which the other remarked "You cheated!" I beleive I saw this back in 1992.

Another commercial had scenes of Santa Claus and an elf fighting/arguing. At one point Santa said to the elf "You're fired!", to which the elf said "You're fat!", and then I think the elf kicked Santa. But at the end of the commercial they supposedly made up, Santa saying "You're not really fired" and then the elf saying "You're not really fat" but having his fingers crossed. I saw this in 2001 or 2002.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just remembered a few more commercials that I don't remember the advertised product:

*A commercial, I think for some pants company, with a group of men who sing something that sounds like "Ohh la-la shashoon". I could be wrong on the spelling of that last word. This commercial was often shown on TV Land as a retromercial in the late-1990s. When I first saw the commercial I thought the guys looked like hockey players and the background looked like a hockey rink (don't know if I'm the only one who thought this).

*And there was a commercial for, I think, a video game system, but can't remember which one (I'm thinking either Game Boy, Sega Saturn, or Nintendo 64). The commercial has several boys in a locket room excited because there's a hole in the locker room wall so they run to peek through the hole, but instead of there being girls, there's a video game system. I remember seeing this commercial around 1997-1998.

*And there's a commercial I saw frequently in 1995, which had a guy with a green mohawk, I recall the hair being very similar to Robbie Sinclair's spikes (only it was hair). The only other thing I remember about it is that at the end he's chasing a girl... I think it showed a map or something, with something representing them, and both are labeled "me" and "babe".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Um, this is now like the THIRD thread we have for this very subject.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Um, this is now like the THIRD thread we have for this very subject.
I've seen one of those threads that was posted recently, and I know I posted this one before that. The one I saw was about a specific commercial, this one I intended to be an all-purpose thread for any of us to ask about any commercials we remember but don't remember what they were advertising.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Another commercial, which I only saw once (back in 1996-1997), involved an adult man having to go to the restroom very badly, likely at a gas station, but the mens room is already being used.... By a kid who's playing with a toy gun, and not even using the restroom as the adult impatiently waits to use it. I have no idea what this was advertising (probably some kind of medicine that prevents having to go so often).

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
There's one commercial that's been stuck in my head for ages that I do in fact remember what it was advertising for, and I've always wanted to see it again. I know this isn't exactly the right thing for this thread, but it's close enough.
It's for Hawaiian Punch, probably from the late 90s, it was live action...
A person opens their fridge to find an animated Punchy, who sets up the ol' "How about a nice Hawaiian Punch?" gag, and naturally gives them a good sock in the face. He might have had a can of Hawaiian Punch in his fist while doing so, but I'm not sure.