Commercials you love or hate

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
ooh I hate that one...it makes my toenails hurt just watching it....

ooh and there was the one about toe funguses....

they're all thick-like and yellow............nasty!

jediX

Reaction score
There's this car dealership minichain around here called Dealin' Doug. He has these really cheesy ads where he dresses in costume and stuff. This one time I remember he was Superman and my friend called him Captain Super Tacky. Man...his ads are horrible.

BJC899

Reaction score
UGH!

I hate those ebay commercials. "You'll do it ebay!"

Those MTV2 commercials with the baby are really annoying.

jediX

Reaction score
According to that song you can buy towns on ebay. hahaha...sheaaaah right. I've never seen a town, but some idiot was selling his soul on there a while back. Why not make a song about that?

"Sell your soul on eeeeeee bay!"

BJC899

Reaction score
I saw a town up a while ago. I don't remember what it went for.

Also, I just saw a commercial that made me almost tear. It was a Duricel(sp? You know, the battery) commercial. So what happened was there was this boy, most likley around 5 years old. He was playing with a toy, and it was raining out. Then you see the other side of the kids face, and he had a hearing aid on, and the overvoice was like "he just didn't hear his toy, he heard rain for the 1st time, and when (insert a hearing aid brand here) needs a battery they trust Duricel. Then it cuts to the mom hugging the boy (her son) and she says,"you heard rain for the 1st time"

I loved this commercial. I'm happy they used a kid also, because not only adults are hearing imaired.

:big_grin:

Whatever

Reaction score
You're telling me, I was 7 when they finally diagnosed me with a hearing loss and 17 when I finally got hearing aids because believe it or not the hearing aids that could help me were newly invented. Because I'm almost deaf in the upper ranges and normal in the lower ranges, it's really unusual. So I have my new hearing aids in and I'm hanging out in the kitchen. I hear this really odd beeping noise and ask my mom what it is. She gives me a really weird look and says it is the microwave. I say it can't be, we have had the same microwave my entire life and I never heard it beep before. But my mom was right. 17 years later, I could finally hear the microwave.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
We have some great local commericals here. Great meaning not so great at all. There's this one car place, and it has this guy named Joe in all their commercials. I guess he's the guy in charge. He's got this really wimpy sort of voice and is annoying. Most of their commercials are out there. My favorite is one where this big burly guy goes up to this car and says, with really exaggerated gestures, "That's the one!" Joe: "I know." Guy (with exaggerated gestures): "How did you know?" Joe (looking up, glowing slightly): "I had a little help from my friends." (man embraces Joe as Joe looks up at ceiling hoping for diving help) :stick_out_tongue:

Do any of you have Safe Auto commercials? I'm not sure if that's local or not, but those commercials are nuts! The latest one, where the two representatives accost a guy in the bathroom to tell him about the car insurance, is quite alarming...

I love the Aflac commercials, especially the one with Yogi Berra. I loved the Pace Picante Sauce commercials that were out about 10 years ago or whenever it was, with the cowboys complaining about the other picante sauce being made in New York City. Those were great. My brothers and cousin and I used to re-enact them all the time.

There are lots of old commercials I really like. And commercial jingles: Like that Oreo jingle they keep playing on the radio which sure sounds like it was around 30 years ago. I love those Rice Krispies songs. I've got some on tape. My favorite is the gospel one with the big choir and everything. "You've got the birds and the bees wakin' up, wakin' up, the flowers and the trees wakin' up, wakin' up... Berries and bananas, let 'em pour, let 'em pour. Pour the milk on top, hear the roar, hear the roar, snap crackle pop, snap crackle pop, snap crackle pop!!!!!" *sigh* I'm feeling so inspired now. :stick_out_tongue: Man, I could talk about commercials all day!

Oh, and I love Christmas commercials, like that Folgers commercial with the big brother who comes home while his family is singing Christmas carols. Or pretty much anything Hallmark. And those Coke bears are cool, and I like the "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" Hershey Kiss bells. My favorite, though, is probably the Eat 'n' Park commercial, with the little star trying to hop on top of the pine tree and it can't reach, so the little tree bends down and picks it up and then all these lights come down out of the star. They show that every year. I get teary-eyed thinking about it. :halo:

OK. I'm done now.
Erin

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
I saw the funniest one the other day! My boyfriend likes to download all the Air Force recruitng commercials (some are really cute) and it was showing all the cool stuff you get to do when your in the AF, and at the end of the commercial theres a guy, watching another guy go in the bathroom (looks really weird) but then you find out that hes taking a urine sample for a test and the concluding like is "and these guys believe they have the best job in the world" its so funny :crazy:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I love the car commercial with the guy out in the woods who has all the animals in the forest hiding under his vehicle so they don't get rained on. It's so sweet!! :halo:
Erin

jediX

Reaction score
I'm sure Katie knows these all too well.

There's a car dealership here that runs REALLY stupid ads...sometimes they are evem multi-part stories. This place has it so bad they bought infomercial space to have their own tv show. It's just plain said.