Comparing different languages

BorkBork

Reaction score
I have been comparing Fraggle Rock in english and swedish, and have come to the conclution that the swedes did a h*ll of a good job with the voices.

Gobo - Sounds basicly like the english version, although in swedish he has a little more bass in his voice. The English one sounds a little more childish.

Wembley - Well, what can i say, it's practicly the same voice, haha, very good. The only thing i can get annoyed with is that in the swedish version his name is Vembi.

Red - Very good, the same enthousiasm in the voice as the original.

Mokey - Same sweet careful voice as in the english version, nothing to add.

Boober - Boober sounds a little more shy and insecure in the swedish version than the english one, but still pretty good job.

The only voice i can't understand why they did it that way is the trash heap. In the english version she/he(?) has a very nasal voice with a french accent. In the Swedish version it has a very yawning voice, i makes no sence why they did it that way in swedish.

Have you seen it in other languages and can comapare? please write about it.

/Anders

Joggy

Reaction score
In Dutch the voices are like this:

Gobo's voice is performed by Frans van Dusschoten. He has a half nasal, half hoarse voice which sounds perfect for puppets, and he's a very nice character for Gobo.

Wembley ("Wimmie") is a regular voice that can go very high and very speedy. I love this voice, I'd love to be able to do this. Occasionally he sounds a lot like Steve, but not often.

Red ("Jet") sounds more adult. The voice drives me crazy because it seems to appear in EVERY dubbed cartoon, but it fits very well for Red. Kinda bossy.

Mokey ("Mollie") is a bit more slow than gentle, but it comes awfully close to Kathy sometimes.

Boober ("Bobbie") is weird and hoarse, and he sounds like he's drunk. I believe the voiceperson is imitating a famous Dutch singer who is always depressed (Hans Dorrestijn).