Concerns about Yahoo E-mail Hacking

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everybody. Just wanted to say to be careful as I've noticed a few spam links being sent out under the names of different forum members, which are obviously attempts at hacking their accounts/email addresses. The first one I received was from Beakerfan's address, which was proven to be hacked after contacting her directly. Now in the span of twenty-four hours, I've gotten another one from Oscarfan and White Rabbit, prompting me to delete both messages and start this thread here.

Hope noone clicks on anything that'd cause their computers to go crazy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This problem is exclusive to Yahoo! users: accounts have been hacked right and left for the past couple of years or so, but it's really gotten out of hand in the last few months or so... and Yahoo! doesn't do a **** thing about it!

I've been changing my password from time to time to try and stay a step ahead, because I've been safe for too long.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, I'd have to agree as my contacts for those users is yahoo.com based. Will treat hacked spam messages from other MC members with yahoo in my list with the same dismissal.

Thanks for the heads up Snowths.