Contest: Design art for Fraggle Rock 30th anniversary merchandise

Foodie

Reaction score
Great work nick.

Can I ask what you used to colour the design!? As another old Sokol pencil to paper fan I never know what to use to colour? Felt pens leave those lines, pastels can't get the small details pencils don't colour vibrant enough?? Please tell me what you used??

Are there any other designs online yet to look at as I can't find them or are they hid til voting opens?

Finally. Was it as easy as submitting a jpeg image!! That bit always concerns me to!

Thanks

Chris
Most of my stuff is done primarily with markers. I recently bought a new set of Prismacolor markers with these neat " brush " tips so I broke them in for this. This has colored pencils & some acrylic paint too. Oh, I dunno for sure if it helped but I actually used marker paper instead of just whatever I had laying around as well.I also have a set of Prismacolor pens too. For the outlines, I used umm... some sort of dark umber pen. I have a .005 width and a .05. I dunno if I use markers in the " professional " manner. I kind of use them like I'm painting and there's a lot of saturation.... I don't have much trouble with bleeding though.

I'm sure there are other entries but I haven't thought to look yet.

It was too easy to submit a JPEG actually. Just as long as it's less that 6 MB. I think mine was like 2 MB. But it's one of those deals where it just links you to your own files... like the way it does when you submit something to Deviant Art or... anywhere actually. From what I understand, the winning entries will have to send PSD or TIFF versions, but the key word there is " winning ", so, we don't have to concern ourselves with that yet. Plus, I'm sure they'll be able to help the winners out when the time comes.

Hope that helps. :smirk:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the info.

Spent another few hours on it this afternoon, luckily we have two days off in the UK so more time to spend on fraggles!!

Hopefully be finished tomorrow. Emailed to see if the original fraggle rock logo can be used?? Waiting for their reply!!

Chris

Foodie

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the info.

Spent another few hours on it this afternoon, luckily we have two days off in the UK so more time to spend on fraggles!!

Hopefully be finished tomorrow. Emailed to see if the original fraggle rock logo can be used?? Waiting for their reply!!

Chris

I didn't do this, but on the site, there's something you can download. I think it may be ideas for inspiration but it may have something about logos and things like that. :smirk:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi
No logos. It's just a set of photos, some nice ones too! Characters and sets. So not really anything that wasn't already available I don't think.

Chris

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hey!
When did the date change for this??

Work has to be submitted by aug 14th now! Not June 21st as first published!?
At least it gives me more time to finish!?

Chris

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Hey!
When did the date change for this??

Work has to be submitted by aug 14th now! Not June 21st as first published!?
At least it gives me more time to finish!?

Chris
Thank frog! It's smart to give us the summer to do this.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I wish I could enter, but you have to be at least 18. :sympathy: Stupid Contest Rules!:smile: Lol

jvcarroll

Reaction score
They apparently pushed the deadline back in order to have more entries to choose from. There are 9 second place winners after all.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Why the confusion? If you look at the website and rules the date has changed!
I have no idea why?

Chris