Cookie Dough Recipe

Maria N

Reaction score
Hi there! As a chilld, back in the late 70s early 80s, I had this sesame street stories hardcover book which had a (chocolate chip?) cookie dough recipe. I LOVED that recipe!!!! I don't recall much of it, but I remember it was a "drop" dough which had to be refrigerated for an hour. The book had many short stories like the princess and the pea with a picture of a princess on top of tons of matresses. Does anybody have the book's name or the recipe? I would highly appreciate your help! Maria N

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
Maria. I went through all my Sesame Street library books and I found this recipe in volume 1. It also has the Princess and the pea story, so I'm pretty sure it's the recipe you are looking for. It's a basic cookie dough you can add whatever you want to it. This is the recipe exactly as it appears in the book. It doesn't say how to actually bake the cookies.

Butter or margarine (soft, but not melted)
Sugar
2 eggs
Vanilla
All-purpose flour
Baking Powder
Salt

1.Put 3/4 cup of butter or margarine (that's a stick and a half) into your mixing bowl.
2.Measure 1 cup of sugar.
3.Pour sugar over butter.
4.With a fork, squash butter and sugar together until they are blended.
5.Crack shells of two eggs and pour eggs over mixture in bowl.
6.Measure one teaspoon vanilla and pour over the mixture.
7.With fork, blend everything in the bowl together.
8.Measure 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour and pour over mixture in bowl.
9.Measure one teaspoon baking powder and sprinkle over flour.
10.Measure one teaspoon salt and sprinkle over flour and baking powder.
11.Mix everything together either with the fork or with your hands.
12.Put dough in icebox to chill (at least one hour).

I hope this is helpful.

Maria N

Reaction score
Thank you for the recipe!

Fuzzhead,
THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!! :smile: I'm pretty sure that's the recipe! I have been thinking about it for a while and couldn't find it anywhere. I really appreciate it! What's the name of the book? What color is the cover? THANKS a million!!!!! You've made my day!!!!

:excited: Maria N.

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
Glad I could help! The book is volume 1 of the Sesame Street Library. There is an illustration of Big bird holding up the number 1 in his right hand and the letters A and B in his left hand. There are a bunch of ebay auctions for the books. Here is one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sesame-Street-L...goryZ279QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have never tried that particular cookie recipe, but I think I might have to make some for teh 4th of july picnic.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Any of you tried to make letter or number cookies which were list the other volumes? All those I believe were borrowed from other SS publications.

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
i can make some that look like elmo... does that count?

Maria N

Reaction score
Mikebennidict,

No, I haven't made any other SS cookies other than this recipe, and that was over 20 years ago! I'm looking forward to making them again now that I have the recipe.

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
I was so young when I first got the books (probably 3 or 4) so I never tried any of the recipes. But I think I tried to make the stained glass cookies with my Grandmother once when I was older. They were the SS characters made with crushed lollipops. It didn't work very well.:frown:

idlelyla

Reaction score
I have the first book, but I was wondering if anyone could post any of the other recipes in the series?

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
There are a ton of other recipes. I could post more if I get some time. I could post the titles ands see which ones you are interested in. I am missing volumes 5 and 12 for some reason, but I have all the rest.