Cookie Monster Chase: Secret hidden promotional Video Game

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just found this one on Toughpigs. Go to Sesame Street's webpage, enter the Konami Code, and you'll see a small graphic of a pack-Man style Cookie Monster and a Martian carrying a banner that says "Play."

Now, by all means, this could have just been a kinda fun, yet uninspired rom-hack style Pac-Man clone, but they flipped the script. To represent the prerequisite healthy food, the dots have been replaced by peas. Eating enough of them turns the Martians (stand ins for the ghost monsters) into vegetables, rather than Power Pellets/Berries whatever. Eating the cookies (which move around the board) will complete the level instead. And may I add, you don't have to worry about 4 Ghost Monsters? Nope. Instead of 4, whole fleets of Martians can swarm the board giving it the needed challenge that even die hard Pacs crave. I'd almost say it's the best Pac-Man I've ever played.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It's definitely a nice twist on the Pac-Man formula. They even made his veggie-eating an important part of the game without sacrificing his favorite sometime food. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It sure is hard to control Cookie Monster with the keyboard controls.

I wonder if Sesame Workshop thought about putting in more secret content to the website that requires a code like this to view. Like rare segments fans have been requesting to see, or full episodes from the early years (or just rare street stories), or clips that have more-or-less been banned (for lack of a better word).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pac-Man's better played on a Joystick. I'm sure there's a way to do that, but I don't have one of those. My only small complaints are that Cookie always stays slow, while in Pac-Man, he speeds up with the ghosts' speed, progressively per level. Also, there's an unfortunate glitch that if somehow you manage to get the last cookie while a Martian eats you, it doesn't advance you to the next level, but registers the cookie as gone, so you're stuck in that level, even after all the peas are consumed.