Cookie Monster eats Ernie's Rubber Duckie??!

Censored

Reaction score
:stick_out_tongue: :frown: There was a skit in the 80's that actually implied that Bert broke Ernie's Rubber Ducky out of anger. It was a "Miami Mice" skit and Ernie explains why his Ducky is in the Fix-It-Shop. He tells how Bert was sleeping and he squeaked Rubber Ducky by his ear. Ernie goes on to say, "And then Bert...well, never mind." Hard to imagine Bert doing that. Of course, in the Sesame Street world a damaged Rubber Ducky can be fixed as good as new.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Of course, in the Sesame Street world a damaged Rubber Ducky can be fixed as good as new.
In a place where they repair toasters.

Quinn gonna break down on Cookie!!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Heh Heh If Cookie ever ate Rubber Duckie then Ernie would certainly freak out.

The same thing would happen if Cookie were to eat Bert's paper clip collection. Though in the case of Bert I doubt that Cookie would still be in one piece. We saw how angry bert can get when Ernie asked him to pretend he'd dropped his paper clips down the sewer.:mad:

Though at the end when Bert couldn't get angry anymore Ernie admitted that he really did do it.:smile:

Oh well can't make perfect continuity sense out of everything.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
That was a good one. But it would be sad if that really happened. After all the duck is Ernie's prize possession. Remember on "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street," how sad he was when he had to give him to Mr. Hooper in order to pay for Bert's cigar box? Imagine how he'd feel if Cookie Monster really did eat rubber duckie. He'd probably do more than just a sigh. Lol.
Heck yeah. An irate Ernie would probably storm into Cookie Monster's bedroom late at night with a few friends, and begin singing a LOUD song about anger and/or rudeness. While the music played, Ernie's friends would hunt down every last cookie crumb that Mr. Fuzzy and Blue owned--then destroy the whole collection in some way that would make them inedible even to Oscar the Grouch. (Sesame Workshop probably wouldn't allow Ernie to set the cookies on fire, but he'd use the most violent method that the producers allowed.)

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
HA HA HA That does sound hilarious.:big_grin:

Perhaps Ernie could somehow make a deal with his old friend Lefty to sign a contract and Lefty could burst into Cookie's bedroom with his boss.

Lefty's boss could intimidate Cookie in his bed while Lefty slapped mud and other yucky stuff on all the cookies in carrying out Ernie's contract in revenge for Rubber Duckie:big_grin: :wink:

ISNorden

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
HA HA HA That does sound hilarious.:big_grin:

Perhaps Ernie could somehow make a deal with his old friend Lefty to sign a contract and Lefty could burst into Cookie's bedroom with his boss.

Lefty's boss could intimidate Cookie in his bed while Lefty slapped mud and other yucky stuff on all the cookies in carrying out Ernie's contract in revenge for Rubber Duckie.
Glad you liked the idea so much; I did a little brainstorming about how Ernie might act if he went berserk in an actual Sesame Street episode. Between you and me, I smell a collaborative fanscript here. :cool: You interested?

ISNorden

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
I could see that happening. XD Sounds really interesting.
Say, would you be interested in co-writing a fanscript? The more, the merrier! (I'm assuming that this fanscript would be a "special" with no Things-of-the-Day or filler clips; but would you prefer any particular decade/season as a starting point? That would affect characters/places on the Street otherwise...)

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Sounds like fun. I presume your real name is Ingeborg, so you can feel free to e-mail or PM me Ingeborg and we can discuss ideas.

BTW have you ever read my fan fic thread Super-Grover and the Sesame Street Cat-burglar before?

It isn't quite finished but I'm working on it and I'd love to hear what you think of it.

ISNorden

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
:stick_out_tongue: :frown: There was a skit in the 80's that actually implied that Bert broke Ernie's Rubber Ducky out of anger. It was a "Miami Mice" skit and Ernie explains why his Ducky is in the Fix-It-Shop. He tells how Bert was sleeping and he squeaked Rubber Ducky by his ear. Ernie goes on to say, "And then Bert...well, never mind." Hard to imagine Bert doing that. Of course, in the Sesame Street world a damaged Rubber Ducky can be fixed as good as new.
That sketch didn't use the Fix-It Shop, but a nameless repair shop...with a Cerrado sign which Ernie interpreted as the name of the business ("Isn't this 'Ka-raydo' Toy Repair?) The Miami Mice set Ernie straight, explaining that some people in town spoke Spanish and that the sign said "Closed". Ernie waits several minutes for the shopkeeper to arrive and open for the day...and greets her with a very emotional display of relief.

As for Ernie's rubber duck being restorable--a broken squeaker is one thing, but digestive acids are another :frown: . (I've seen an X-ray of cookies re-assembling themselves in CM's stomach, but is that canon?)