1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Cookie Monster on NPR

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by DTWolf, Feb 10, 2008.

1. DTWolf

DTWolf Member

Cookie Monster answers the "Proust Questionnaire" in a video clip on the NPR website, which also has some thoughts on Cookie Monster as the unrestrained id (that's Freudian talk) of Frank Oz. You can find this and a few other Cookie tidbits at

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18659731

Fun stuff, check it out!
  2. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Indeed it was; thanks for posting it! I don't usually listen to NPR, because quite honestly most of it is too "highbrow" for my tastes, but I figured Cookie Monster would keep it interesting, which he did!
    :insatiable:
  3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

*Lol! Thank you, that was great! Let's start the messaging of other Muppets for them to profile! Along with other of our fave American fictional characters too of course...
    *Trails away with little crumbs at feet.
  4. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Hootsy, hehe! Great intreview!:super:
  5. ColonelErnie

ColonelErnie New Member

Who was that doing Cookie? It certainly didn't sound like Rudman...
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Indeed, they picked a very wise choice for a Muppet indeed. There are so many great ones, and Cookie is no exception. Hillarious throughout, and I just really love how the interview was handled.

I especially like:
    "If heaven exisits, what would you want God to say to you when you enter the pearly gates?"
    "COWABUNGA!"

Cowabunga indeed!
  7. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

So, that was Frank doing the voice? It sounded like Frank's CM voice. Wow! I didn't see the new SS smilies before. I guess I should talk about that in the other thread, but I couldn't help myself. Besides, since we're talking about Cookie Monster I guess this is relevant. :insatiable: :insatiable:
  8. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

this was delightful :insatiable: .. Frank Oz even calls him insatiable, so the smiley is perfect!
  9. Fragglemuppet

Ah yes, I meant to ask that before. It was absolutely not Frank doing CM's voice, so who was it?
    I liked how they talked about Frank keeping Cookie's character as they were writing the sketches!
    :insatiable:
  10. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

Maybe it was Eric Jacobson? :confused: Then again maybe not. :batty: :crazy:
  11. Fragglemuppet

Hmmm, probably not.
  12. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

didn't think so......
  13. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

It wasnt frank sadly, but its eric, the interview of frank sounds like it was a bit taken from the archives or whatever. But erics improvisation is really just fantastic, and its very OZ-esque. :insatiable:
    But none the less, this is just fantastic, it makes me want an inside the actors studio with oscar the grouch, or even a bert dollar bill. :(
  14. Fragglemuppet

It was Eric? I didn't think it was him either, but rather some extra puppeteer or something. No offense, Eric!
    Yeah, I actually for a few seconds thought, "Why not a Bert dollar bill?" lol
  15. anytimepally

So, anyone know why David wasn't doing it?
  16. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

It was David Rudman. I know this. It sounded just like his Cookie voice. I can tell no matter what. :insatiable:
  17. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

That would be a good question on the performer change. Maybe Eric is staying with Sesame and David is working with Muppets?
  18. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I have to agree with Ernie on this one. Eric stopped voicing CM years ago. It had to have been Dave. Actually, it sounded like Frank though. Someone mentioned Eric's Grover has been sounding different from before as well. I guess it's because these guys have really been improving over the years.
  19. Fragglemuppet

Ah, it makes more sense that it was David. I'm not really familiar with his CM voice, but I was able to link his CM in the interview to Baby Bear and other such characters where he uses a squeakier voice.
  20. anytimepally

Good. I really love his Cookie Monster.. it's my favorite recasting :insatiable: