1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Cookie Monster on SNL December 18

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by jacobsnchz, Dec 18, 2010.

1. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

What did you think of him singing "Silver Bells" with Jeff Bridges?
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Here's Cookie Monster singing "Silver Bells" with Jeff Bridges from last night's SNL. Cookie Monster is about 6:30 into the show. Don't miss the closing credits as well for some familiar faces. :insatiable:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/202017/saturday-night-live-jeff-bridges

Post your thoughts and let us know your opinions on this surprise appearance.
  3. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Thank you Philip! I heard he was on there but didn't see it! So sweet!:insatiable:
  4. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

I was glad to see at the end that he was performed by David Rudman. I knew it wasn't Eric Jacobson because the character actually sounded like Frank Oz. :p
  5. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I found this cute, but it would be kind of fun if Jeff Bridges did guest star on Sesame Street during a future season.

Still a great moment for Cookie Monster indeed.:insatiable:
  6. ftnpro

ftnpro Member

Boring. It's too bad that Cookie Monster's audition for SNL had him doing funny things like making fun of hosting SNL ("cookie joke, blah blah blah"), but then when he actually got on SNL, he wasn't funny at all. Just think of how great he was on the Colbert Report ("me had crazy times in the Eighties")- he could have really made a splash on SNL. Instead, this segment is completely forgettable.

Way cool to see David Rudman at the end, though. And I still love seeing any Muppet out in the wider world!
  7. the80sdrummer

the80sdrummer Member

Yeah, mildly amusing. But, unfortunately, this could have been a lot better. Cookie Monster making "up to date" jokes like calling Jeff "The Dude" and saying he wanted an i-Pad just seemed like the writers were trying too hard. The voice sounded good though. I'm incredibly disappointed that both performers were walking around with half a Cookie Monster at the end. I don't think Jim would have liked that. Sure Jim had Kermit on his lap from time to time on a talk show but I can't remember EVER seeing half a Muppet on a show being paraded around like, well, a puppet. Takes away some of the magic the original performers worked so hard to create. Oh well. Maybe next time.
  8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I hope this WASN'T it. I really wanna see him through the whole show.. and announced too, since I went too bed too early to actually catch that. And it's not like I make it appoint to watch SNL regularly.
  10. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

did my heart good! all the elements to keep me enjoying the whole song thro were there!
  11. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

I was at the dress rehearsal and it was so awesome to see David and Matt V and know what was coming up before anyone else even saw Cookie!
  12. Fav bit is when Jeff reached for Cookie's present - and the faux cookie clearly broke in his pocket during his monologue - and you could see he did his best to play it off as part of the bit (and Cookie's improvised response).
  13. Jacquelyn

Jacquelyn New Member

Good until guests were named

I can't believe they put Eminem and Little Wayne on the same episode with Cookie. I think they are disgusting, especially Eminem. I can't stand him. Ugh! So mad. I dont even like SNL anyway. It's not funny. Even though I LOVE Betty White & Cookie Monster.
  14. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

the best part of the song was how much fun Jeff Bridges was having. :insatiable:
  15. tiggergirl19

tiggergirl19 Member

Cookie Monster did great there! I think that he would do good on the whole show.
  16. ivanova

ivanova New Member

Since there is no way they would ever be cool enough to let a Muppet host the whole episode it was cool that they at least gave him his "dream". But how cool would it be to have Jason Segel and the Muppets host the show when the new Muppet movie comes out.
  17. mstess2004

mstess2004 New Member

Ode to Cookie

I loved Cookie being on SNL! It was absolutely adorable:insatiable::insatiable::insatiable:
  18. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

So, did I happen to watch an entirely different broadcast than everyone on page 1 did? Maybe I got a super special West Coast version of SNL, because the Cookie/Jeff Bridges sketch I saw was nothing short of glorious. Cookie just makes me laugh so hard, I loved when he was flickering his hands and making weird sound effects. LOVED the "half cookie" impromptu gag, the sweetness of the duet and how much fun Jeff was having, loved the Big Lebowski reference(Im a huge fan of that film), and just seeing a Muppet on SNL for the first time in 6 years was very cool.

Sorry a lot of you couldnt enjoy it, I thought it was perfect. And hopefully it's a taste of things to come.

That might definitely be in the cards!

I LOVE little improv happy accidents like that!
  19. Screechy6

Screechy6 New Member

OMG, cookie Monster was awesome. I don't always watch SNL but I'm glad a stayed up to see this one. I was so proud of my little Blue Monster.
  20. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

thanks for the info!