1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Cookie Monster on "The Colbert Report"

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by theprawncracker, Jun 19, 2008.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Turn on Comedy Central NOW! Cookie Monster is currently on with Steven Colbert talking about how, even though he likes fruits and veggies, he still will always be COOKIE Monster! TURN IT ON! :insatiable:
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Aw man! Missed it tonight. Will catch it on the repeats tomorrow though. BTW: Did you see the Daily Show episode that preceeded Colber Repor? There was a bit at the end of the first act with Jon and Gitmo, was that a parody of another SST resident, furry and red, named Elmo? Funny as heck it was.
  3. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

You beat me to it thepawncracker. It was an amazing appearance! I love Cookie Monsters comment on how Elmos car is fueled. You'll have to watch to know what I'm talking about ;). It is well worth it. :insatiable:
  4. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

Just saw it and loved it! the voice was a bit odd but ya know what it's never gonna be the same so whatever. yay cookie!
  5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I thought he was great!
  6. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I saw a part of it and I was like shocked that it happen. :o
  7. The Count

Saw it just now... My only concern is that it really is Elmo who was waiting outside for Cookie Monster, and not Gitmo in the cab loaded up with C4 explosive gas fueled up to drive into the eastern entrance of the British embassy.
    You guys need to watch the Daily Show episode that preceeds this Colber Repor to get the full laughs of the Gitmo parody.
  8. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

I saw it last night with friends. So many of them were going *** when watching the footage from the show of Cookie Monster eating fruit. Then we were slapping our knees laughing when Colbert and Cookie were talking to each other. It was great! I hope it'll be on YouTube soon so I can see it again!
  9. Loren

Loren New Member

10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Comedy Central's site is always tweaky on my connection. It has to do with their Flash video streaming/embedding. It won't play. I wonder if their programmers are on the east coast? Internet technology always moves from left to right in this country. Oh, well. I'll drop their IT people an email. At least I got to see it last night.
  11. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I just watched it again, I seriously loved this.
    We really need more of this sort of stuff going on with the Muppets.
    You know them being funny and on shows as guests :)
  12. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I caught this! Too Funny!
  13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The fact Cookie even made a Morton Downy Jr. Reference speaks volumes about the Muppet characters in a prime time/ adult situation. They can be clever and funny, and adult without being offensive.

God, I miss Hollywood Squares. That's where you REALLY saw that stuff take off.
  14. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Ah, I missed this one and it's not up yet on the CTV/Comedy Network broadband player. Give it another few days and once it's up I'll tell you what I think!
  15. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I miss the second part the first time so thanks for posting it up! Love how they wrapped it all up, hehe! Won't say what happened for anyone who did not see it yet.:insatiable:
  16. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh I love this appearence so much! Love when SS characters are cute and edgy and hilarious. Who's voicing Cookie these days?
  17. The Count

Hey Bo. David Rudman is Cookie's current voicer.
  18. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

I finally DIDN'T miss a Muppet appearance! Hooray! It was a great suprise, especially since I got into Daily Show/Colbert Report just a couple months ago. :insatiable: It was really funny too.
  19. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

That was so funny, i changed my signature to a peace of dialog from that apperance.
    :insatiable:
  20. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

The voice was a little off sometimes but other then that a great apperence.