Cookie Monster's voice

mikealan

Reaction score
Hello! When I clicked the Letter of the Day spot on the PBS Kids Sesame Street site, Cookie Monster spoke normal like Frank Oz's, but he left and David Rudman performs him!

I heard that Cookie sounded normal on the Letter of the Day segments, do you?

somethingofafan

Reaction score
I remember reading that Oz does perform in the letter of the day segments. Rudman, I believe, performs Cookie on the street and in segments where he appears with Grover.

If I'm wrong, maybe some insider will correct me.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
No correcting necessary. Frank does still tape for Sesame a day or two a year. David plays Cookie in Street segments, and Frank plays him in Letter of the Day. Usually if Grover appears in Letter of the Day, Frank plays Grover and David plays Cookie.

secret squirrel

dcfboss

Reaction score
yea ... u can usually tell them apart by the way the cookie puppet is ... color wise and mouth wise ... and voice wise too. frank's cookie voice is more deep and classic.

but he doesn't do all the letter of day skits ... what about letter Q? the voice in the Q skit sound different in the O skit.

also to add to the cookie / grover thing, during the letter N segment Frank played the first half and cookie was saying "no no no no eat letter n" and then it went to cartoon and then it came back with david saying "no no no no eat letter n" because everyon'e favorite monster superhero came crashing from the sky lol.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I have the "Elmo's World" holiday special on tape. I'll have to listen to David Rudman's Cookie Monster voice on that and try to compare it with Frank Oz. I have to admit, David's is good. I wouldn't have noticed a difference.