Cool and Friendly-Like

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Everyone...I...Well I have a terrible awful confession to make...This confession may haunt me for the reat of my natural life...I...Well...*sniffs* I, Ryan, theprawncracker...Your Prawnie, your basket of Prawn Fritters...I...I'm *whispers something*

What? You didn't hear me? I said I'm *whispers*

*nods* Yup, I've been proven *whispers*

I'M USHY GUSHY!!!!!!!! *falls to knees* Here...Just read...

Kermit sat at the desk with a pen, autographing a copy of "Before You Leap," his new book. HIS book, his biography, no one else’s (Except for the occasional pushy pig, furry funny man or geriatric jerk).

"Thank you so much Kermit, I love what you do," the fan said, taking her book from Kermit’s flippers.

The Frog smiled. "Thank you, erm, Lisa, right?"

The fan nodded her head so fast it looked as if it would fall off. "Kermit the Frog remembered my name!!" she squealed.

Kermit frowned a bit. "Uh, yeah, next!" he shouted to the enormous line forming behind "Lisa," who was holding it up.

Lisa held the book close to her chest and skipped off as the line moved forward.

Behind Lisa stood a woman in a straw hat. She wasn’t tall, or thin for that matter. But lovely nonetheless. Her long blonde hair flowed over her white blouse, every inch had an individually colored flower. "Hello, mister the frog."

Kermit gulped. "Oh, um, hello there ma’am. Would you like a book signed?"

"Oh, no, I just had a teency question for, ahem, such a super star as yourself," the woman said without turning around.

Kermit breathed onto his hand and sniffed. "Um, yes? What is it?"

"JUST WHAT WERE YOU DOING WITH THAT GIRL?!" the woman shouted furiously as she spun around, revealing her face. Miss Piggy. Snout tucked, fists curled.

Kermit’s chair almost tipped over. "Piggy?! What are you doing here? This is my book remember?"

"Ha! Think again frog! Check pages 183-186!" Piggy smirked.

Kermit frowned and grabbed one of the books from a display behind him. He opened it and skimmed to page 183. Miss Piggy’s...Secret to Success." Kermit read. "Sheesh, they actually put that in?"

"And what do you mean by that?!" Piggy growled down at Kermit.
Kermit cowered beneath her. "Um, uh..."

"Stop before you hurt yourself Kermit," Rowlf the Dog’s voice said from behind the frog.

Kermit turned around. "Rowlf, when did you get here?"

"I’m with the band," the dog pointed behind him to where the Electric Mayhem were setting up a stage.

"What on Earth-Dr. Teeth this is a book store!" Kermit shouted at the band.

"Actually, it’s a book/music store green stuff," Floyd Pepper responded with a bass guitar in his hand.

"Indeed Kermit, you of all people should know that, being such a smart frog, with his own book and all. Kudos to you my friend, very respectable, like I myself try to be."

Kermit’s face smothered itself in confusion. "Who...Who was that?"

Animal stepped forward from the group casually. "It was I Kermit by fine fellow," Animal said.

"A-Animal...?" Kermit stuttered with words.

"Yes, it is I. Sir A. Nimal."

Kermit tried to get words out. But needless to say, he couldn’t.

Piggy knocked on Kermit’s desk. "Kermie!"

Kermit turned around and stared at the pig. She knocked again. "KERMIE!" her voice grew louder and harsher. "KERMIE OPEN UP!"

"But I did open up, that’s what the book was for."

"HIIIIII-YAAA!"

~ ** ~ ** ~ ** ~

Kermit shot up in his bed as his bedroom door crashed to the wooden floor of the Muppet Boarding House. Kermit looked at his alarm clock. His regular alarm clock with minty green numbers, with black hands with minty green stripes and FOSSIL in the middle. 2 AM...What was Piggy doing karate chopping his door down at 2 AM?

"Kermie, listen to me! Robin is missing!" Miss Piggy shouted at the groggy frog.

Kermit rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. "But, he should be in his bed...I tucked him in..."

"He's not there!" Piggy reiterated. "Come on frog! Now!"

Kermit shot out of his bed. He followed Piggy out the door, she was surprisingly well dressed for two in the morning.

Piggy began to head downstairs with her hair bouncing behind her. "Piggy, Robin's room is up here!" Kermit said through his reckless breaths.

"Oh, Kermie, I have already searched Robin's room most thoroughly dear, he's definitely not there," the diva stared at her frog with her glowing eyes.

Kermit stared back. He could never look past those eyes. "Okay, where haven't you looked?"

"Outside, now come on!" she rushed the amphibian along.

The couple ran down the stairs. Kermit followed Piggy, not for the first time. He’d follow her anywhere. And he assumed she’d do the same with him.
The lower half of the Muppet boarding house was just as quiet as the upper. Not a creature was stirring, and lord knows they have them all, so none stirring is a rare occurrence.

Kermit mentally checked all of the little nooks and crannies searching for his nephew, who was nowhere in sight.

Miss Piggy led him through the kitchen, where the mess made by The Swedish Chef at dinner still stood. "Piggy, are you sure you’ve checked everywhere but outside?"

"Not never you fear dear, you can trust moi, I have searched everywhere," Piggy reassured him, but not stopping to do so.

She pushed open the back door and the two of them ran out into the backyard. Kermit was in awe. The fence was strung with white Christmas lights, and in the corner of the yard sat a gazebo, and inside the gazebo was a wooden swing.

Piggy stepped in front of the frog and flipped her hair. "I, don’t think he’s out here either Kermie," she said sweetly.

Kermit smirked. "Robin’s in his bed, isn’t he?"

"Mm hm," Piggy nodded.

"Robin’s been in his bed, hasn’t he?"

"Mm hm."

"You’ve tricked me again, haven’t you?"

"Just like in the movies dear," Piggy extended her purple gloved hand, complete with glistening ring.

Kermit grabbed her hand with his and pulled her close. "When did we get the swing?" Kermit asked, leading her over towards the gazebo.

"Oh, it’s just a little something moi had Beauregard and George throw together during the four hours vous were out at the theater."

The two of them sat down on the swing, arm in arm. Kermit looked up into Piggy’s sky blue eyes. Her eyelashes blew lightly in the evening breeze, she stared back at him lovingly. "Oh Kermie," she swooned over her frog prince.

"Oh Piggy," he swooned back. There was no sarcasm or want to leave in his voice.

~ ** ~ ** ~ ** ~

She had fallen asleep on his lap. He ran his flippery fingers through her silky golden hair. Her head lay in between his thin legs which were covered by his red pajamas. He hummed "Right Where I Belong" from underneath his pig.
The back door creaked open. Kermit stared up at it. A small green head poked half of itself out. "Uncle Kermit?" it whispered.

"Robin? What are you doing out of bed?" Kermit asked. It had been an hour since the lovers had left the boarding house, no five year old frog should be up at 3 AM.

Robin the Frog hopped outside in his red pajamas that matched his uncle’s. "I had a bad dream about turning left," he said, climbing up in the swing next to his Kermit.

Kermit wrapped his arm around his little nephew. "And you’re better now?"

Robin nodded. "And uh, are you okay?" he stared down at Miss Piggy.

Kermit smiled. "Very okay Robin."

Robin scrunched up his face. "Really?"

Kermit chuckled. "Oh yes Robin, really."

"Well..." Robin "That’s, um...That’s nice."

Kermit nodded and looked at the now snoring Piggy. "Yes, nice is a good word for it."

"I think it’s a nice word for it," Robin smiled.

"Well that too of course. I’m just trying to keep cool."

"And friendly-like?"

"Uh...Well, that is to say that..." Kermit stuttered.

Robin had his hands folded in his lap. "Um, Uncle Kermit, if you were busy, I’ll go back upstairs."

Kermit looked back down at the pig and over to Robin. "I have a better idea."
Kermit pulled Robin to his side and lay his head on top of his nephew’s. All three of them huddled near and the two frogs drifted off to sleep.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
You are officially my favorite King Prawn on the whole board.

Kissy, kissy, dear--very nicely done.

Ever, Ru

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! <is very very squealy> Oh I love it... <sigh...> <faints>...

(See, I'm ushy-gushy, and he's half me, so he has to be ushy-gushy. That's the proof. Or for his sake, we'll say that's the proof, anyway.)

Edit: Ru ziffled me...

Edit 2: Alrighty- detailed review time.

Ryanie (Haha said:
The fan nodded her head so fast it looked as if it would fall off. "Kermit the Frog remembered my name!!" she squealed.

Kermit frowned a bit. "Uh, yeah, next!" he shouted to the enormous line forming behind "Lisa," who was holding it up.

Lisa held the book close to her chest and skipped off as the line moved forward.
THAT IS SO ME! I love hugging inanimate objects- ESPECIALLY books, especially Muppet books, and I would soooooooo squeal if Kermit remembered my name!

Prawnie said:
I just love that... It's so... Oh it makes me giggle!

theprawncracker said:
Miss Piggy. Snout tucked, fists curled.
Yup. That's her.

Prawn said:
Kermit frowned and grabbed one of the books from a display behind him. He opened it and skimmed to page 183. Miss Piggy’s...Secret to Success." Kermit read. "Sheesh, they actually put that in?"
Well I wouldn't know, seeing as I don't actually have it yet. <Glares.> <Pretends not to be green with envy.>

Half Me said:
Animal stepped forward from the group casually. "It was I Kermit by fine fellow," Animal said.

"Yes, it is I. Sir A. Nimal."
I wonder if A. Nimal is related at all to Insane A. Sylum... ...Um...

Ushy Prawn said:
"But I did open up, that’s what the book was for."
<Giggles> Cute. Cute joke.

De Prawn said:
Kermit shot up in his bed as his bedroom door crashed to the wooden floor of the Muppet Boarding House. Kermit looked at his alarm clock. His regular alarm clock with minty green numbers, with black hands with minty green stripes and FOSSIL in the middle. 2 AM...What was Piggy doing karate chopping his door down at 2 AM?
Now where in the world did you get such a detailed description of that clock?

Ushy Gushy said:
Kermit stared back. He could never look past those eyes. "Okay, where haven't you looked?"
Uh huh, he's ushy-gushy, all right. I love that line. (Uh huh, I'm ushy-gushy, all right...)

Where's Gonzo said:
The couple ran down the stairs. Kermit followed Piggy, not for the first time. He’d follow her anywhere. And he assumed she’d do the same with him.
Like I said. Ushy-gushy. Me too. So allow me: <melts>

Prawn O'Doom said:
The lower half of the Muppet boarding house was just as quiet as the upper. Not a creature was stirring, and lord knows they have them all, so none stirring is a rare occurrence.
Now THAT is just plain funny. And true.

Ryan said:
She pushed open the back door and the two of them ran out into the backyard. Kermit was in awe. The fence was strung with white Christmas lights, and in the corner of the yard sat a gazebo, and inside the gazebo was a wooden swing.
OOOOOOOH! <is bouncy>

The Prawn with the Heart said:
Piggy stepped in front of the frog and flipped her hair. "I, don’t think he’s out here either Kermie," she said sweetly.

"Mm hm," Piggy nodded.

"Robin’s been in his bed, hasn’t he?"

"Mm hm."

"You’ve tricked me again, haven’t you?"

"Just like in the movies dear," Piggy extended her purple gloved hand, complete with glistening ring.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I love that so much! Mmmmmm! I hug it. I hug you!

Prawn O'Heart... said:
Kermit grabbed her hand with his and pulled her close. "When did we get the swing?" Kermit asked, leading her over towards the gazebo.
Mmmm... he pulled her close.... Mmmmm....

The Chest of Drawers said:
There was no sarcasm or want to leave in his voice.
Why would there be? <grins>

Half the Hatrack said:
He ran his flippery fingers through her silky golden hair. Her head lay in between his thin legs which were covered by his red pajamas. He hummed "Right Where I Belong" from underneath his pig.
Oh, there's so much to love here... flippery fingers (nice alliteration!)... silky golden hair... red pajamas... (I like red, okay? ...I like pajama-wearing-frogs, too...)... "Right Where I Belong"... his pig... <very happy sigh>

Half the sofa? said:
Robin the Frog hopped outside in his red pajamas that matched his uncle’s. "I had a bad dream about turning left," he said, climbing up in the swing next to his Kermit.
<Shudders> I hate bad dreams about turning left.

Half the Robin Fan. ...Well... said:

<giggles> <hugs Robin>

User of Brain Space said:
"And friendly-like?"

Robin had his hands folded in his lap. "Um, Uncle Kermit, if you were busy, I’ll go back upstairs."
<giggles> I wonder how much Robin knows... and how much he knows he knows... and how much Kermit knows he knows... and how much Kermit DOESN'T know he knows... and... well... I wonder! Robin is SO cute.

PRAWNIE! said:
Kermit pulled Robin to his side and lay his head on top of his nephew’s. All three of them huddled near and the two frogs drifted off to sleep.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> to you!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... For some reason, there's something that doesn't jive for me with this short story of yours Prawny.

It's not the ush-gush... No, good first effort.
Heh... From the opening lines of you trying to confess it... Reminds me of your roomie confessing to soaking his feet in club soda to get foot fizzies.
And that's OK... You and me, we're just sort of dipping our toes at the shores of Ushy-Gushy Town's romantic riverwalk.

It has more to do with the pacing and what ends up happening. Something there makes me think that the eventual ending wasn't well-timed or what I kinda thought would end up happening.

It's an OK story, just posting my thoughts.
Maybe now would be the right Time to Beat Time again.
Look forward to whatever else you've got on the fanfic docket though.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Very cute wonderful story, Ryan! I would post more...(like a review)...but I'm dead-tired after my first day of work.
So, love it, hug it, kiss it, and would love to see more of it!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
EEEE!!!! Ushy gushy goodness! It's taking over the fan fiction boards! I know this because eventually when I get back to my story there will be some ush...oops, I've said too much. Besides, this is about Prawnie, not me. I loved it Ryan, it really was great. I pretty much knew the beginning part was a dream when Animal was talking all proper like. Too funny.

Leyla

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Everyone...I...Well I have a terrible awful confession to make...
<eyes widen> Ooh, really?

This confession may haunt me for the reat of my natural life
Wow! This could be really big! <sits up tall>

...I...Well...*sniffs* I, Ryan, theprawncracker...Your Prawnie, your basket of Prawn Fritters...I...I'm *whispers something*
<giggles at Prawni Fritters> <leans in> Eh? Speak up, I ain't so young as I used to be!

What? You didn't hear me? I said I'm *whispers*
Pardon? Where'd I put that hearing aid...

*nods* Yup, I've been proven *whispers*
Something scandalous has been proven you say? But what? What?!!

I'M USHY GUSHY!!!!!!!! *falls to knees* Here...Just read...
<jaw drops... but not that far>

HAH!!!! I knew it!! Yippeee!!!!! <bounce, bounce, giggle giggle joy joy!!!> <hands on another birthday hat to ushy gushy girl> First a sister, and now a brother!! This is turning out to be a great week to be an ushy gushy fan!!! SQUEEEEE!!!!! <hugs Prawnie fiercely> Don't worry buddy! Soon all that lingering doubt washes away with the shred of your sanity. You won't even miss dignity!!

Kermit sat at the desk with a pen, autographing a copy of "Before You Leap," his new book. HIS book, his biography, no one else’s (Except for the occasional pushy pig, furry funny man or geriatric jerk).
<bounces and squeals for the book> Nice alliteration!!

The Frog smiled. "Thank you, erm, Lisa, right?"

LIIIISSSAAAA!!!! Yippee!!! Nodding away, as per usual. :stick_out_tongue:

Behind Lisa stood a woman in a straw hat. She wasn’t tall, or thin for that matter. But lovely nonetheless. Her long blonde hair flowed over her white blouse, every inch had an individually colored flower. "Hello, mister the frog."
<giggles> Oh, I love the slow reveal here, and the description!! Lovely nonetheless. <huggles Prawnie>

<giggles at Kermit checking his breath>

"JUST WHAT WERE YOU DOING WITH THAT GIRL?!" the woman shouted furiously as she spun around, revealing her face. Miss Piggy. Snout tucked, fists curled.
Hah!!! That's my girl!! <is not a fangirl>

"Ha! Think again frog! Check pages 183-186!" Piggy smirked.
<giggles> Ohh, I want that book!

"Indeed Kermit, you of all people should know that, being such a smart frog, with his own book and all. Kudos to you my friend, very respectable, like I myself try to be."

Kermit’s face smothered itself in confusion. "Who...Who was that?"

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction, and it shouda tipped me off... and it totally didn't! Well played, Prawnie!

And somehow, reality is so much stranger than a dream... <giggles>

"Kermie, listen to me! Robin is missing!" Miss Piggy shouted at the groggy frog.
I was SO alarmed the first time I read this... too much time spent with Lisa perhaps... nah... no such thing!

Kermit shot out of his bed. He followed Piggy out the door, she was surprisingly well dressed for two in the morning.
This also should have tipped me off... but I was so gleefully awash in ushy gushy I didn't have one sweet clue.

Piggy began to head downstairs with her hair bouncing behind her. "Piggy, Robin's room is up here!" Kermit said through his reckless breaths.
I love her hair bouncing behind her, and Kermit's reckless breaths.

"Oh, Kermie, I have already searched Robin's room most thoroughly dear, he's definitely not there," the diva stared at her frog with her glowing eyes.

<Squees at Kermit thinking about Piggy's eyes>

Oh! That is SO ushy gushy! <hugs poor Prawnie, yet again> You learn well, young padawan.

<laughs> So true! Great line!

<giggles> I love the way Kermit takes this when he catches on, and oh! the scene sounds so beautiful!!!

<GASP!!!> I hearby vote this as the absolute best wedding/engagement reveal in Muppet fanfic between the pig and the frog... subtle and perfect!!

<gurgles merrily> I am one happy ushy gushy girl right now!

"Oh, it’s just a little something moi had Beauregard and George throw together during the four hours vous were out at the theater."
<loves the thoughfulness of the surprise>

The two of them sat down on the swing, arm in arm. Kermit looked up into Piggy’s sky blue eyes. Her eyelashes blew lightly in the evening breeze, she stared back at him lovingly. "Oh Kermie," she swooned over her frog prince.

"Oh Piggy," he swooned back. There was no sarcasm or want to leave in his voice.
<giggles and squees and it generally amused and happy and bouncy> I find it very funny, and also quite touching how you put that dear, Kermit's lack of sarcasm or desire to leave. <Is ushy gushing like crazy> That's right! I turned it into a verb, so there! I am mad with power!!

She had fallen asleep on his lap. He ran his flippery fingers through her silky golden hair. Her head lay in between his thin legs which were covered by his red pajamas. He hummed "Right Where I Belong" from underneath his pig.
Mmmmm... so ushy gushy! Boy, when you convert Prawnie, you don't go half way!! <bounces> LOVE the descriptions here with the flippery fingers and the silky hair. LOVE him humming right where I belong!

The back door creaked open. Kermit stared up at it. A small green head poked half of itself out. "Uncle Kermit?" it whispered.

"Robin? What are you doing out of bed?" Kermit asked. It had been an hour since the lovers had left the boarding house, no five year old frog should be up at 3 AM.
Poor Robin... what a scary nightmare... turning left, indeed! I never fail to be amused by all the weird frog dreams floating around.

<grins> Ooh, I am so filled with glee!

Oh, that's so adorable!!! Robin doing the scrunchy face! And what a perfect little kid reaction to the cuddles! <loves and adores how comfortable Kermit is>

Kermit nodded and looked at the now snoring Piggy. "Yes, nice is a good word for it."

"I think it’s a nice word for it," Robin smiled.
Ooh! Did I tell you I have this thing for the word nice? I don't think much about it... unless it's coming out of a muppet, especially Kermit... I dunno, there's just something about the way he says it... <gushes>

"Well that too of course. I’m just trying to keep cool."

"And friendly-like?"

<laughs hysterically> LOve it! Love it love it love it!!! Have I mentioned I love it? I do!!!

Kermit looked back down at the pig and over to Robin. "I have a better idea."

Awww..... that's so very sweet and nice and lovely and cuddly and ... WHEEEEE!!! <shakes head> Not that I'm complaining here... but EVERYONE ushy gushes better than I do!! It's amazing! It's crazy! It's positively wonderful if you're me!! YAY!!!! Great great job, Prawnie!!!!

<<<hugs>>>

Katzi428

Reaction score
Oh Ryan....I LOVED every single bit of it!!:smile: That Piggy sure is sneaky,huh?Between dressing up in a straw hat so her green ball of passion wouldn't recognize her. Then that night,she woke Kermit up w/the excuse that Robin was missing just to get Kermit alone!
((((HUGS)))))

theprawncracker

Reaction score
OIh everybody, thank you so much! I'm so glad you liked my little entrance into the realm of ushy gushyness. And County, to qoute you, no worries man, a little constructive criticism now and then never hurt nobody! :smile: (((HUGS))) to all!

superfan

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
OIh everybody, thank you so much! I'm so glad you liked my little entrance into the realm of ushy gushyness. And County, to qoute you, no worries man, a little constructive criticism now and then never hurt nobody! :smile: (((HUGS))) to all!
well, well, well....
whaddya know...
the boy's got moxy!