Could it be? Sesame Street the Comic?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tough Pigs broke the story

With the Muppet comics ended, and the Fraggle Comics been out of action for a while (PLEASE tell me there's a volume 3 in the works!) finally the third major Muppet license is out of the gate.

Now, there's no telling what to expect from this license past the "anthology" format.... it would be great to see some seasoned Muppet artists (I hope they try to get Carol to draw at least a cover), some recurring Muppet comic favorites (PLEASE Amy!) and some up and comers.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If the rumors are true, I hope they have us fans in mind, like how Boom did for The Muppet Show Comic Book and Achira (I probably spelled that one wrong) did for Fraggle Rock and other Henson properties (though I don't own any of those comics). I can do without musical numbers (which the Muppet and Fraggle Rock comics have), but I hope that many old school characters make appearances.

12Medbe

Reaction score
Call me Crazy Harry, but, I wouldn't mind see Miss Finch making an appearance in the comic.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Call me Crazy Donald but i wouldn't mind seeing David Finch make an appearance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If the rumors are true, I hope they have us fans in mind, like how Boom did for The Muppet Show Comic Book and Achira (I probably spelled that one wrong) did for Fraggle Rock and other Henson properties (though I don't own any of those comics). I can do without musical numbers (which the Muppet and Fraggle Rock comics have), but I hope that many old school characters make appearances.
I really think Roger got the musical numbers to work bizarrely well for a non-audio format. Fraggle Rock was brave for trying that, but I think the Convincing John one was the only one that really worked. I don't see anyone trying to make a musical number here, but what can happen with these is anyone's guess.

I hope if they're "easy readers" they take a cue from their old CTW sponsored "Super Spidey Stories" Spider-Man comics (I tracked one down), and manage to make a decent plot and story with the simplistic dialogue... there were no stumbly places that seemed awkward for an adult to read. But if they're done for a more adult nostalgic audience like the FR and TMS comics were, that will also be interesting. I didn't get to see much of Boom's WordGirl graphic novel, but from what I read, they managed to keep the tone of the show down pat.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I really think Roger got the musical numbers to work bizarrely well for a non-audio format. Fraggle Rock was brave for trying that, but I think the Convincing John one was the only one that really worked. I don't see anyone trying to make a musical number here, but what can happen with these is anyone's guess.
With The Muppet Show, I think musical numbers would be more expected, given the variety format (though I'm surprised that The Electric Mayhem and Rowlf didn't get more numbers). It wasn't really neccessary for Fraggle Rock, since they don't put on a show often. For the potential Sesame Street comics, I'd really only want them to work msuic in if they include Don Music, Placido Flamingo, Little Jerry and the Monotones, Chrissy and the Alphabeats, and any other musical characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Fraggle one only did it twice (though I might have to double check) and one was just Convincin' John's backstory.

I could see music if it's done in a certain way. Hard to tell because I still don't know what we can expect. I wonder if we're going to see Sesame Street characters that aren't Muppets. Characters like Typewriter Guy or something... one of the animated segments.

At any rate, this is a good thing. Now I don't have to try my Sesame Street the Comic online idea.