Could someone help me with my cookies?

King Prawn

Reaction score
Hi guy's i'm having some problem's.

For the last couple of months i've been unable to open some pages because of my cookie's, I just let it pass but today I went to preorder my Series * Muppet Figure's from Forbidden Planet and got this message:

This shopping application requires permission to use cookies on your machine, but this has been denied.
This can be for several different reasons, but they are all under your control:

- you may have disallowed cookies altogether in your browser

- you may have the privacy policy in your browser or internet security software/firewall set to a level that stops cookies from being used by this shopping site

Cookies in this shopping application are used to keep track of your cart contents, remember names and addresses when you ask for them to be remembered and, when relevant, keep you logged on.

Cookies are not used in any way that abuses your privacy or security.

Please change your settings to allow cookies either in your browser or firewall. If you choose not to, I'm afraid that we cannot complete your request.

Now I really want this problem fixed, I more or less have an idea of where to go (At the top of my menu I press "Tools" then I select "Internet Options" and either click Security or Privacy) but I have no idea what to do once i'm there could someone maybe give be an easy step by step process on how to fix this.

jediX

Reaction score
You're running Internet Explorer, I assume? Here's how to enable them in IE:

1. Under the tools menu, select "Internet Options..."
  2. Click on the "Privacy" tab in the window.
  3. In the 'settings' field of the window, click "advanced..."
  4. In the new window, uncheck the box titled "Override automatic cookie handling".
IE should now automatically allow all cookies to be loaded. Personally, I prefer to select what cookies I accept, but if you aren't saavy in how that all works, just keep it like I said.

Hope this helps.

King Prawn

Reaction score
Thanks JediX that's exactly what I needed, I had asked many friends at school most didn't know what I was talking about but those who did made it sound so complicated.

Again thank's for your help :smile: