Could The Gogalala Jubilee Jugband be a family?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the song "I'm My Own Grampaw", there is one brief moment where one of the jugband members says, "Sing it, Pa!". Oddly enough, in that scene, all of the jugband members are on-screen, but none of them is seen actually saying that line (maybe it comes from the wings or audience?).

Anyway, this has got me thinking.. could thge members of this jugband be releated? The girl looks like she is a little kid, and both the guitar player and banjo player look a bit chilldlike. Maybe they are pre-teens (we never really learn the ages of them). Maybe the jugblower is the father, the fiddle player is his father, and the others are the jugblowers children, and there is no wife invovled in the band (maybe either because she had died, gotten a divorce, or just didn't want to be a musician).

What are your theories?

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
I've always thought that at least a couple of them are related to each other, if not all of them. And about the wife, maybe she was the one who said "Sing it Pa!" (Then again, I haven't seen the episode in a while so I don't remember if it's a girl's voice or not; and either way, Pa is his name)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Mr.Penguin said:
I've always thought that at least a couple of them are related to each other, if not all of them. And about the wife, maybe she was the one who said "Sing it Pa!" (Then again, I haven't seen the episode in a while so I don't remember if it's a girl's voice or not; and either way, Pa is his name)
It sounded like a Jim Henson voice said that line (and it sounded like the voice that Jim Henson used for the jugblower in the song "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavor on the Bedpost Overnight?" in the Charles Aznavour episode).

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Okay, thanks! I guess it's just someone the band knows, then. :zany:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Sorry to get off subject, just wanted to say: Happy Birthday minor muppetz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!