1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Count Von Count ON EBAY! REPORT THIS GUY!

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by CoOKiE, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

2. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

He Never claims it to be athentic its a count/ vampire puppet in the muppet style
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

4. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

This guy's already had threads calling for his blood. Say what you will about how you feel about his recreation, the one thing that's undeniable is he is good.

I can't help but wonder that this guy has to be aware of Muppet Central, maybe even a registered user. I wonder how he feels about all the attention his auctions get? Even bad publicity is good publicity I guess. One thing's for sure, if he is a member, I doubt he'd ever admit to being the one who makes these! HA!
  5. laddie flump

laddie flump New Member

Wow!

They are not trying to say it's the real thing, in fact they say quite clearly that it is a copy..... but WOW it looks great - I wish I could afford to buy it!
  6. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

You what I love? The line "This is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM identical to it's likeness and is built from scratch using reference photos." That's a very lame attempt to keep Sesame workshop's lawyers off this person's back.

It's sort like robbing a bank and saying "this is in no way shape or form a robbery" while sticking a gun in someone's face and taking money from their vault.

Well, different crime but it's the same idea.

Talented puppet builder, but definately not a lawyer. It's a shame this person doesn't put their skills to work creating original puppets imho.
  7. sugarbritchez

sugarbritchez Active Member

I don’t know if this is real or a hoax, but whichever...it is still a great looking puppet.

The #1 thing that would absolutely turn me away from this is the fact that the seller has no feedback whatsoever. I have seen first hand the bad side of new sellers on ebay. I worked for a man for 5 years that sold on ebay and we encountered that quite a bit. Mainly a lot of kids and pranksters trying to pull a fast one on somebody. I’m not saying that is the case here...and I hope that it isn’t.

*steps off soapbox*
  8. sugarbritchez

Didn't you already post this????
  9. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

I would suspect that's because this builder has had auctions shut down before and probably different accounts as well.

I was dying to know who this is and someone actually sent me the person's name and contact info. I *promised* not to post it publicly, but it was interesting to find out who the mystery builder was.
  10. Da Da DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Captain Chaos, Hello Jay Jayyyyyyy What do we have here??? a Muppet Imposter....HE MUST BE STOPPED.....Quick Call out the Muppet I think i know what i am talking about Lawyers!!!!!!! LOL Maybe THEY can Stop this Capitalism and once again return to the world of finger pointing, and it's not fair that i don't have this ability!!!!!
  11. Yes he did.....and just like Paul Revere....and the other town cryers Shout throughout this Great land as in days of old.....Help!!! help!!!!! Please somebody do Something!!!! Quick Cookie......... It's all up to you!!!!!!!!! We all don't have the strength to carry on.....So please.....Send up the Bat Signal, Save the women and children, contact Superman....Look in the phone booths he must be in one of them, call the Green lantern, Maybe the Shadow Knowsss and if all else fails.....This Is Kipsy.....Get Me The President!!!!!
  12. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

ok, so because hes not "idenical to shape and form", its ok to make this? I THINK NOT!
    he places this line "This is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM identical to it's likeness" but obviously its shape and form is exactly to its likeness.. n obviously this guy is stating that its his verison of SS Count.. He even states that the puppet's name is Count.

Another thing he states is "This is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM identical to it's likeness " So hes telling the seller, that the shape and form are what they look like because he knows the character and still made a puppet based on him. This puppet builder knew he was building a SS puppet, and he knows that hes making money off of it. I say SS Workshop's lawyers should get in touch with this guy.

Whats to stop this guy next? Hes most likly already losat accounts due to his work of, and yes i'd say its alot like stealing a bank because its ROBBERY! Hes stealing money from SS Workshop's creations.

This Character and every other character from SS have copyrights for a reason.
  13. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

ahem.. Bat signal calls for Batman.. not superman... hence BAT signal... :smirk:
    And yes, just like Paul Revere, i'm warning out "crys" to stop this guy. Obviously Paul Revere couldn't stop them himself, so he called throughout towns for help of those who can stop the British. I just hope that we can cry back to this builder of crime "the lawyers are coming, the lawyers are coming"
  14. OK.....heres a couple things to try cookie. If your a Police Officer, you can arrest him! No? Not a cop you say? ok there goes THAT plan. OH, If your a Lawyer you can slap him silly with a Junction of a cease an disist order, WHat??? Not a lawyer EITHER.......Hmmmmmmm that really does put you in a spot.....where do they teach you to talk like tis? Some Panama city sailor wanna bump bump bar? or is this gettaway day and your last chance at his whiskey??? Sell crazy someplace else we're all stocked up here.
  15. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: that is one awesome Count puppet!
  16. sugarbritchez

No Santa Clause?????? WHAT??????????
  17. MGov

MGov New Member

When did this happen? I don't remember agreeing to this.

But hey, Devon, congratulations on being made a moderator here.

And there are two "s" in "nonsense".
  18. Phantom

Phantom New Member

Do I here the Kevinator approaching?

Truly, the whole copyright infringment debate has been beaten until it is bloody and unrecognizable. If this guy gets in trouble, let him. SS can take him to task if they want to...and the do have some high-price legal representation, so I think there chances are good. *wink*

Buck has posted over and over again about intellectual property. Let the lawyers deal with it. I think it is a nice puppet. It looks well made, without touching it there's no guarantee. Is someone going to buy it and start pirating their own SS knock off brought to you by the letters G and U and the number 6. I doubt it. Doesn't matter. But let's keep the derogatory stuff down to the point that Kevin or Phil doesn't have to say anything. I know Kev hates to get on to anyone here...we're family.

I, for one, am willing to let this horse die...and no, no one died and made me moderator either. I'm just trying to prevent some greif...for all of us.
  19. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

tHE MUPPETS WILL BURN YOU
  20. AHEM.....I said lol "Send up the Bat Signal, Save the women and children, CONTACT..........CONTACT......... Superman....Look in the phone booths he must be in one of them, call the Green lantern, Maybe the Shadow Knowsss and if all else fails.....This Is Kipsy.....Get Me The President!!!!!" LOL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.