Country Bears hit McDonalds

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was watching Everybody Loves Raymond last night, and I saw a commercial for a Disney's The Country Bears Happy Meal giveaway. For those of you who don't know, Country Bears is a Movie based on the Amusment park ride, with Animatronics by Henson's Creature Shop. This is the only merchandise now, based on Henson that isn't Muppets, Sesame Street, or Bear in the Big Blue House, so that's why I'm posting it here.

Good news for Henson collectors, not so good for me. I wanted to get the Lilo & Stitch toys I'm missing. I have Alien Stitch, Jumbaa, Pleakly, and David. I wanted to get Elvis Stitch (I don't really care much for Elvis, but I liked it any way) and Bubbles (a Tall, menacing-looking black ex-government agent). The three that I mentioned before were the ones I wanted most however.

For those of you who can't eat (or stomache) fast food (especially theirs), the toys can be purchased seperately. As for me, I'll take the food. I've built up a tolerence for eating that kind of stuff. It was galvenized by my trip to an all you can eat Chinese resteraunt that has a soft serve machine. Once you can eat that, you can pretty much eat anything !!!

radionate

Reaction score
Here's a blurb about the toys:

To help celebrate the introduction of the new Kids’ Treats, Disney’s The Country Bears will strike up the band as the stars of McDonald’s Happy Meal beginning Friday, July 12th through August 1st, or while supplies last. The loveable, plush Happy Meal bears, which will also be starring in the upcoming Disney film, “The Country Bears” opening nationwide on July 26th, include Beary Barrington, Big Al, Zeb Zoober, Henry, Tennessee O’Neal, Trixie St. Claire, Ted Bedderhead and Fred Bedderhead. The eight bear-iffic Happy Meal toys are the largest plush toys that McDonald’s has offered in a Happy Meal in North America, measuring from 5 inches to over 6 inches tall.

To announce the beginning of a new Happy Meal property, McDonald’s will launch each new offer with a Happy Meal “Blast-Off.” During the first few days of the promotion (while supplies last), a free prize will be attached to the Happy Meal bag. “We want to thank our loyal young customers with an extra surprise delivering even more fun and another reason to smile when they come to McDonald’s,” said Tori Binau, Senior Director McDonald’s Marketing, USA.

The first-ever Happy Meal “Blast-Off” prize will be a mini The Country Bears art kit with a picture waiting for the colorful touch of a young artist.

I'm kinda excited about this one, as the will be bigger toys. I'll have to see how well they are done though first. As Jamie says, off to go get toxic waste....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Attatching a paper presesnt along with the bag? AND THEY HAVE TO START THIS AFTER LILO & STITCH!?!?!?! Oh, well. Guess I'm going there for some reason! I just hope they have the last of the Stitch toys by then!

Joe

Reaction score
It's just one of those paper paint things, where you punch out the paper 'brush' wet it, and rub it in the paint on the card and paint the country bears...

and since they're starting to advertise Country Bears, I can sort-of, kind-of mention that they're gonna have Spy Kids 2 after that.

:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It depends on when Spy Kids 2 comes out. I was never that big a fan of Spy Kids 1, though. I saw Shrek and Atlantis instead.

But really, I don't think I'll perticularly like Country Bears (or even see it for that matter). The kid bear (voiced by The "I see dead People" kid) is probably the lamest bit of the movie. I like Dieterich Bader (who plays Oswald on Drew Carey), the animatronics are good, and I kinda like the other Bears, but I'd rather see Star Wars (I'm the only one who didn't see it yet), Men In Black 2, or Austin Powers 3..baby.

Of course, that won't stop me from getting some of the toys.

SuprGro78

Reaction score
All you can eat Chinese Food Restaurants with soft serve machines

Hey Dr tooth, Do you mean the Aku Aku? I miss that place. BTW doesn't - All you can eat Chinese food restaurants with soft serve machine- sound like a weird country song?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nah, it's Panda Palace in Medford (or is it Melrose, I forget). A friend and I went there one afternoon for the All you can eat lunch. It's a weird irony though, me and my friend (another one) make fun of the guy who did the commercials. I created this funny (but really politically incorrect) character called Ming Mong (I got it from a Mad Magazine parody of Flash Gordon), and he's this short guy with glasses and a chef's hat. I gave him Dexter's body (Dexter of Dexter's Laboratory).

As they said (more like sang) in a Garfield cartoon,
We can say,
the food here's okay
cause the coustomer hasn't died!

beaker

Reaction score
is it me or does that trailer for the country bears kind of make you just shiver in horror? *ugh* I think any cred Disney had after all their cheapquels is gone with this one. ack

FER SURE

Reaction score
This movie is going to tank, I can feel it in my bones. Which is bad news for Disney as they already have a sequel in the works. There will be another movie based on the country bears if'n (thought I'd use a country word) dismal Box offce reports don't get it nixed. I find it odd that with this movie coming out Disney recently yanked CBJ from disneyland with no plans of relocation. There fate was sealed with the eternal kiss of death of Winnie the Pooh.

On top of all this there are also plans in development for 2 more movies based on theme park attractions. Wanna guess? .......Anyone....well then, it's going to be Pirates of the Carribean and Haunted Mansion.