Country Bears

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Since the Country Bears was not success at the box office, Disney will probably not move forward with a interesting idea.
Had the movie been a successful, Disney executives were reportedly toying with the idea of using these very same puppets on a Country Bear Jamboree TV show. In its proposed form, the TV spin-off woul debut in the spring of 2003 and be closely modeled on the original Muppet Show. Each week, a major star would arrive at the Country Bear Playhouse, where they'd appear with the animatronic cast of the Country Bears film in a half hour variety show featuring skits and songs.

It's shame the show might not happen.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Well, we don't know if the movie was a 'moderate success' or really anything yet, it's only Saturday night. We'll probably know by tomorrow afternoon.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Friday's opening numbers were not that high but yes we done still until Sunday. The movie was made on a budget of 30 Million so they won't lose too much.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Had the movie been a successful, Disney executives were reportedly toying with the idea of using these very same puppets on a Country Bear Jamboree TV show. In its proposed form, the TV spin-off woul debut in the spring of 2003 and be closely modeled on the original Muppet Show<<<

*whew* raise your hands if you feel like we just avoided yet another trip to the porcelien altar with this news!

Im stil trying to figure out...in recent memory, whats more of a hideous grotesque, stomach churning twitch inducing cringe causing trailer: the one for country bears or scooby doo? I'd say a tie, but then again....that country bears just looks surreal-ly bad. i think eisner has some firing to do, and im not talking pink slips.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
I think eisner has some firing to do, and im not talking pink slips.
Is hunting season open already?

(loads shotgun)

radionate

Reaction score
Has anyone ventured to the theaters to see this yet?

It upsets me, as I think that they could have had a good cute little movie, if the script was there. That's a big gripe with me of late, crappy scripts. Yeah, the idea of a movie based off a theme park attraction is lame, but it could be interesting. A pirates of the carribean or Haunted Mansion movie could work, if it was scripted right.

I watched the Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle last night. Think about it. Jason Alexander, Rene Ruso, Robert DeNiro, and incredible cameos, yet it sucked! Why? The script. Had they gotten rid of just one character (the annoying agent Karen Sympathy), and replaced her with someone more hip, the movie would have been saved). I think that with the bears, the same could be said with the Haley Joel Osmeth bear. If they had told the story through someone elses "paws", it might have looked more entertaining.

Just my humble ramblings. Carry on all.

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
So is Hayley Joel Osmeth the voice of Berry, or is he in the costume? I haven't seen it yet, but i want too. I used to love the disneyland show, and i haven't seen it in 5 years. From the previews, the bears look really neat. Everytime I mention that I want to see it to one of my friends or relatives, they always say stuff like "Oh, that's a baby movie!" or "That looks dumb". Is it really a bad movie? Please tell me whoever has seen it!

Sir Didymus

radionate

Reaction score
H.J.O. is just the voice as far as I know. I don't believe he was in the actual costume.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
H.J.O. is just the voice as far as I know. I don't believe he was in the actual costume.
He wasn't, he just did the voice.