Courage the Cowardly Dog returning?

Schfifty

Reaction score
Here's some bumpers Dilly did for CN during their really early days . . . and actually, I only remember the first one.

That's kinda unusual to see a Dilly ident without any people or animals. Usually you see those kind of things in his stuff.

I wish I could find the one with the animals coming out of a guy's hat, and then one of them has a stick of dynamite which blows up. That was on YouTube a few years ago, but it's gone now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I was listening to the Sounds of the Season Music Choice channel today, because whenever there isn't a holiday, they always play techno/electronica stuff that I really dig: nu jazz, trip-hop, house, chillwave, ambient, whatever they wanna call it. Anyway, they played a track today that should probably sound very familiar to Schfifty and others here:

This sounds like if "Squatting Tiger, Hidden Dog" was a Katz episode . . . or if they ever did an episode where Katz opened an Asian restaurant.

Last edited:

Schfifty

Reaction score
This sounds like if "Squatting Tiger, Hidden Dog" was a Katz episode . . . or if they ever did an episode where Katz opened an Asian restaurant.
Hehe, I can see that! :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The thing about Katz is . . . is . . . *Achoo!*

Sorry. I'm allergic to Katz. He makes me sneeze, because he's so evil, and I'm allergic to evil.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dilly reuploaded THE DIRDY BIRDY: REDUX today:

I also see from Stretch Films' Facebook page that he's done in Uraguay teaching animation as part of a residency program. I notice he spents a lot of time in Latin countries, such as Spain, where he co-produced RINKY DINK with a local stop-motion animator.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Arthur Anderson died at age 93.

I actually wasn't aware that he had a career that spanned way back like Lionel did - Arthur was the voice of Lucky the Leprechaun, and also acted alongside Orson Wells!

Seems like with the exception of Lionel (and Arthur), as well as Jim Cummings and Kath Soucie in Season 1, and Fran Brill in Season 3, Dilly brought in mostly local theater talent to do the voices: I know Paul Schoeffler (Katz, Cajun Fox, Le Quack, Dr. Vindaloo, Freaky Fred, Snowman, and several others) and Mary Testa (Shirley) are big Broadway fixtures.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Really sad that both of the voices of Eustace are now gone.
Dilly and the crew definitely had a knack for finding just the right actor for every character.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember reading an interview with Marty Grabstein, and apparently Dilly had auditioned hundreds of people for Courage and couldn't find anybody who had the right kind of voice he was looking for, but the associate producer happened to be a friend of Marty's and suggested he come in and give it a shot, which he did, and he got the part.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dilly's still working on his new film, GOOSE WITH HIGH HEELS, but this time, he's provided some commentary on the WIP:

He makes Flash sound like so much fun, lol. Well, Flash is kind of fun - again, I've dabbled in it myself back when it was exclusively for web animation and not an industry standard, but I quickly learned I just don't have the patience for animation, and decided to stick with puppetry instead, lol.

On a side note, is it just me, or does the way Dilly talks remind anyone else of a cross between Jerry Stiller and Jackie Mason?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh boy, I just found out about something that'll probably make Drtooth have a fit.

So, we know that Sesame/Muppet writer (and Stephanie D'Abruzzo's husband), Craig Shemin, was also a writer for Courage, but I just found out that a writer from the last two seasons, Lory Lazarus, was also previous both a script and song writer for a certain irritating purple dinosaur.