1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Courtney Love Mad at the Muppets

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by DannyRWW, Mar 14, 2012.

1. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

2. kyunkyua

kyunkyua Active Member

Ouch. Sounds like someone doesn't like barbershop quartet.
    Walter and Cindy like this.
  3. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Sounds like somebody's sense of humor needs a tuneup.

(I never did get why SLTS is supposed to be such a fantastic song anyway. I always found it nonsensical and grating. Oh well.)
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Are you sure that Courtney Love is really mad that Miss Poogy is a billion times more sexually appealing than her?

There are no bounds to my hatred of Courtney... I kinda blame her for Cobain's death. I'm sure someone's going to have a beef with me saying that, but I never liked her.
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Sounds like she doesn't technically own the song anymore, so tough cookies, lady! I'm sorry but I'm sick of train wreck celebrities getting so much undeserved attention. It only makes them worse.
    Frogpuppeteer likes this.
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Kurt Cobain loved Weird Al's version and video of the song. There's no doubt he would have been wild about this too! Courtney cashed-in and sold her rights a long time ago. That's probably what she's bitter about. And riding someone else's wave of popularity is something that's not entirely foreign to her. :o
  7. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Forget her! Leave The Muppets alone! That's really sad your going after The Muppets over a song. She must be desperate for money. :p
  8. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Courtney Love is just angry because Janice is a better guitar player than she is.

But seriously, this is rather silly. She didn't write "Smells Like Teen Spirit", and she sold her share of Kurt's royalties awhile back, so tough luck. Plus I think society needs to have a discussion about when it's appropriate to use the word "rape" and when it's not. Hint: this is not an appropriate usage of it.
    Walter and kyunkyua like this.
  9. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Dave Grohl co-wrote the song, and he's in the film. So, who cares what some washed up crack addict has to say?
  10. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

yeah, really. she's just a raving loon
  11. Drtooth

Yeah, I hate this assumption because some celebrity died, they somehow became the most humorless people in the world when they were alive.

Yet... I've recounted the story of Elvis, his family, Viva Las Vegas, and a certain Pharmaceutical company several times when it comes to music rights, so there's always the problem of music rights holders going over the heads of the actual family. That IS a problem.
    Walter, heralde and frogboy4 like this.
  12. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was about to say this myself...He was totally into it! I think I read somewhere that he loves that scene as well as the scene he's in himself (although I could be wrong...)

Its a shame that Courtney has no 'Love' for the Muppets, especially as its only because of them that I have started listening to the real version of that song!
    Walter and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  13. Borples

Borples Active Member

Just the title of this thread made me laugh. Courtney, Courtney. How can you expect anyone to take you seriously if you go around saying you're mad at the Muppets? MAD at the MUPPETS. I mean, c'mon.
    kyunkyua and Cindy like this.
  14. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah these people in the media picking on the new Muppet movie really need to realize they're only embarrassing themselves, lol.
  15. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

The thing that I find amazing about it is that now "Muppets" has become a new 'important word to use in interviews' in the same way that Gaga used to be. People use it for buzz-sake.
    Borples, DannyRWW and Cindy like this.
  16. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

She and her daughter actually got a portion of the royalties, so I don't really see what her problem is unless she wanted ALL the royalties but I think that they should split the money between her and her crack dealers. That's right, I said it.

Daniel
    heralde likes this.
  17. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

This is a very good point.... lately it seems that everyone want to have themselves associated with the Muppets. Lindsey Lohan says she wants to be in the sequel, Fox News makes their comments, now this. I guess there really is no such things as bad press.
  18. Walter

Walter Active Member

Walter: Gary, should I whistle "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
    Gary:*whisper*
    Walter:She's mad at WHAT?? -faints-
  19. Drtooth

At the risk of saying something that would tick someone off... Fox News does it with EVERYTHING... every movie, every TV show... they want to perpetuate the old "The Liberals are coming to get you Barbara" scare tactic.
    DannyRWW likes this.
  20. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Courtney needs to get a life! I mean really The Muppets? So stupid!