Creature Shop builds machine to battle against alien invaders on Junkyard MegaWars!

Gobo_Tron2

Reaction score
From TLC's website:

Three teams behind Hollywood's blockbuster special effects battle it out to build the ultimate fighting robot — it must breathe fire, shoot bullets, and save the world from an alien invasion. Junkyard Mega-Wars hosts Rossi Morreale, Bobbi-Sue Luther and Robert Llewellyn are your mega-presenters for this special episode.

This is movie mayhem, Junkyard Mega-Wars-style, and the reputations of the biggest names in the business are at stake. Normally, special-effects teams have months in high-tech studios and million-dollar budgets to work with, but on this special show all they have is two days and a pile of junk to build their multitasking machines. Each robot must compete in three terrifying rounds. First, it must destroy as many alien invaders as it can in a "Wild West" shoot out. Next, it'll have to torch towering aliens, which can only be destroyed by flames, in a post-apocalyptic New York setting. And finally, it will need to blast through a force field before destroying the "Mother Alien Queen" in ancient Egypt. Then, and only then, will Earth be safe!

But that's not all: because this is Hollywood, for the first time in the history of Junkyard Mega-Wars, the machines will also be judged on how they look. Each team is desperate to make their machine represent the heritage of their company and look better than the others.

Making up these teams are the creative minds behind some of Hollywood's biggest hits. In Kermit-green is a team of ace puppeteers from Jim Henson's Creature Shop (The Muppets). In Imperial-black is a team from George Lucas' Industrial Light and Magic (Star Wars). And in blood-soaked red is a team of goremeisters from KNB FX (Kill Bill, Spawn, Halloween, Friday the 13th).

Undertaking the tricky task of judging the machines on their looks is Oscar-winning FX wizard John Richardson (Alien). Commenting on the progress of these movie-masters is regular junk expert Greg Bryant.
The episode has already aired once but it will be shown twice more on The Learning Channel:
Tue, Feb. 24, at 9 p.m. and 12 a.m. ET/PT
Sun, Feb 29, at 3 p.m. ET/PT

Daylight

Reaction score
Killer Monster Puppet!!!

That was hilarious! The Creature Shop was really the underdog through the whole building process. They had problems finding parts and problems getting started, but they came in second!! I loved how the Creature Shop worked. When all the other teams were working on weapons, they were making a puppet! The other teams were going "They're making a puppet!!??" Then the Creature Shop team members attacked the other teams with a water gun and green paint. It was lots of fun. :smile:

dmx10101

Reaction score
I saw the show today. Henson had a big Monster on it. It was a very, uh interesting show.

MopPuppet

Reaction score
Yes...

I'm gonna have to say that is was a most interesting treat.
I enjoyed the large R2D2 that ILM came up with. But I liked Henson's machine better. Poor thing kept falling apart though. :frown: