Creepiest Muppet Moment

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Yea, he seems really nice. It's just looking at his picture is rather scary. He is rather cute in the fuzzy and blue song.

Actually that's how a lot of the monsters were for me as a kid, especially the ones at the very end of the Muppet Movie. I'm sure they are all very nice but I was six and some were quite frightening.

Kiki

Reaction score
Aside from Alt-Scooter cage dancing? Um ... no, that's pretty much it for me.
Lol! Yeah, I must say, when I saw that for the first time it really did freak me out quite a bit. Still a bizarre thought... innocent ol' Scooter *cage dancing*! -Shudder-

The 'Marley and Marley' number from The Muppet Christmas Carol scared the bejeezus out of me as a kid (specifically when the chains start coming to life). It still creeps me out a little bit.
Oh yeah, I definately found MCC scary. Even know when I watch it I still find some parts sort of eerie.

Sweetums used to terrify me, esp. in that random scene in MTI where the screen goes all weird and long and it shows a close up of Sweetum's eyes. I remember watching that at someone's house when I was little and I hid behind the couch. :embarrassed:

Fraggle Rock also used to scare me... to a degree. I guess that's kinda weird, being a little kid and one of your favourite shows scares you half the time. The fraggles weren't scary, it was more the environment and atmosphere of the actual FR, how it was alway so dark. I remember bringing the FR video "Songs" (the one that has the "classic" FR songs from season 1) to one of my friends house when we were both 7 and it really creeped her out, til a point where she actually asked me to turn it off. I can see why, I guess... the gorgs scared the heck outta me when I was little and the end bit of that Wembley song (from The Terrible Tunnel episode?) was quite creepy, too.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Cage dancing Scooter is fine with me, but there is one example that I do find creepier than all the moments mentioned combined.

Kermit's dismissive attitude about the lost mail at the beginning of Letters to Santa. It took Gonzo to bring him around? I really wanted to smack the writers for that moment. Kermit is known to carry too much on his shoulders. He did come around, but that just was totally out of character in the first place.

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
The top 2 on my list would have to be the cage-dancing Scooter scene from the Very Merry Muppet X-Mas Movie. It was ceepy and disturbing all at the same time. And the whole dismantling of Kermit and Gonzo in MWoO. That was so scary! Poor Kermit... :cry:

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
The close-up shot of Sweetum's eyes from MTI was a little odd and strange.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I second the person who said "U Really Got a Hold on Me."

Also, the character Lew Zealand in the Muppet Movie scared me as a kid. A big reason why was I though he looked like Ernie gone absolutely insane. The thought of something that looked like a whacked-out Ernie freaked me out.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Telly Monster's twirly eyes in his debut.

Sad part is, I just saw that for the first time two days ago after watching the 40 Years of Sunny Days set! 0___o

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of Mr. Poodlepants. I haven't ever seen any MT sketches including him, but I saw a picture of him, and that alone was creepy enough. :eek:

APRena

Reaction score
The Trash Heap. Still... quite a bit. :scary: :scary: :scary:!