Current technical difficulty

Censored

Reaction score
I notice that currently I am unable to receive the pictures on this site and every click is interrupted by a "security warning" asking if I want a Macromedia Flashplayer. The problem could be with my own computer except that it's not happening on the other sites I visit. Any info? Thanks.

:confused:

King Jim

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
I notice that currently I am unable to receive the pictures on this site and every click is interrupted by a "security warning" asking if I want a Macromedia Flashplayer. The problem could be with my own computer except that it's not happening on the other sites I visit. Any info? Thanks.

:confused:
Do you have Macromedia Flashplayer 7?

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

Luke

Reaction score
Muppet Central is a site that uses Flash. You need to have it installed to view the pictures and use the site properly. There is no technical problem with the site. You just need to accept the download when the page loads and tries to install it. It's a good idea to get Flash as a lot of sites do use it, and without it the site will keep asking you if you want to install it, although it is possible to use the site with the text links (below) without having it installed.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Different problems for me. Whenever I try accessing the website, my entire computer's processes slow down. Turns out that I can't even scroll through the links cause it's as if the page weren't there in spite of having loaded.
Don't get me wrong, the site works well, it's just that it seems to be slowing down the reaction time of my computer's programs. The only way I can currently access the site effectively is through a new browser window in the E-mail notices I receive to subscribed threads. Hope the problem gets fixed soon, and have a good weekend.

Luke

Reaction score
Count thats happened to me before - Spyware (Cydoor i think) had got into my computer and infected it, slowed down all browsing but was especially noticeable on flash sites and database driven forums like Muppet Central. I'd check that out just to be safe!

Censored

Reaction score
Luke said:
Muppet Central is a site that uses Flash. You need to have it installed to view the pictures and use the site properly. There is no technical problem with the site. You just need to accept the download when the page loads and tries to install it. It's a good idea to get Flash as a lot of sites do use it, and without it the site will keep asking you if you want to install it, although it is possible to use the site with the text links (below) without having it installed.

Got it. Apparently I had the Flash originally, but lost it. I've downloaded it and it's working fine now. Thanks. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Luke. Will have my tek-sabe brother check it out, whenever he can get around to it. The thing is that MC is the only site I visit which is giving me this type of problem.
Well, hopefully it's something that can be taken care of.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Count,

Something else you can try is removing all of you temp files and restarting your system. If something is corrupt this could cause a problem. Also, be sure the "www" is in the address or bookmark when you access the main site (www isn't needed for the forum).

Please let us know if things are better for you.