Custom figures and dioramas

rowlfy662

Reaction score
:smile: that cybermen pic is funny speaking of customs i don't know if i'm the only one that did this but i was not happy with the colours they gave the animal figure so i painted him to his trademark red nose and red fur has anyone else done this

Dave Honeydew

Reaction score
Hiya folks

new member here to the forum, but collector of almost all the Palisades figures over the last few years. I hadnt thought about doing customs until i found the forum and saw all the great work going on. I have a spare classic Fozzie coming my way from Ebay, and was wondering if anyone can suggest any characters that i could custom him into. I was thinking lose the Fozzie head, sculpt, and paint blue and i could have a Cookie Monster. Any other suggestions for non Fozzie characters ?

rowlfy662

Reaction score
dave honeydew i think using fozzies body for cookie is a great ida never thought of that i have been busy custom making myself

animal head painted red and comparison with tour animal

waldo c graphic

my custom louis kazzager thanks newsie for having a gfreat body sculpt to work from

Muppetaz

Reaction score
Rowlfy, your Louis Kazzager looks great, so does Waldo, I would love to see some bigger photos. I had the same louis idea, but my customising skills stink. I think I'll stick with buying them online. I also just got the vinylmation mystery chaser tux kermit! :smile: By the way Dearth, I'm ready to discuss the sal custom, if anybody has any pictures that would be great.

Muppetaz

Reaction score
Dearth, do you have any Scooter props, I just won three figures on ebay for $5.00 with no props, so now I have an extra floyd and lew, any ideas you have for them?

Dearth

Reaction score
Lamango: I'm conversant on Dr. Who because two of my friends here in town have been fans of the show since the 70's. One of them sent me those pics, which he found on a Who forum, to ask if I had a spare Swinetrek. Aside from a K-9 scaled to Star Wars figures, I don't own any Dr. Who merchandise... although there was this wicked spider-woman figure that I was sorely tempted to buy, just to make a Mohawk/Spider/Centaur custom from Gremlins 2. My buddy John was going to sell me his spider-lady for $10, and I began scouring eBay for a spare Mohawk to cannibalize. I even found several examples of the same custom project online, one selling for almost $400. But then some photos of actual upcoming NECA Gremlins toys surfaced, showing a Spider-Mohawk deluxe figure, so I decided to hold off on constructing my own. For now.

Rowlfy: I had the thought a couple years ago to turn a Newsman into a Kazagger, but making an all-new head put me off. I'll be very interested to see how that turns out. I've also contemplated scratch-building a Waldo C. Graphic, but haven't yet made the attempt. Got any additional or closer pics of those two projects?

Dave: Before you customize Fozzie into Cookie, you may want to track down an older Knickerbocker 'Play With Me' Cookie Monster toy. It looks pretty good alongside the Palisades Muppet Show figures...

I've got all four of the Play With Me toys now... http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Play_With_Me_dolls

Big Bird is woefully undersized, but Bert and Ernie are also a good scale with Palisades figures (although my Bert is naked, so I need to find another with clothes intact!)

Fozzie is a pretty useful custom fodder body. I still need to make Fozzie's mom, but I've used that source figure for several of my customs, including Kermit and Fozzie's dad ("Kerzie the Bog" as I call him), a naked Fozzie who was slated to become Chew-wokka but now just wears a fabric Santa Claus coat during the holidays, Fozzie's cousin (with the bowler hat), Pearlie Fozzie from some of the UK skits, etc. I saw someone, maybe Quinn? make a Grinch Fozzie from VMX, but decided not to make my own because it was too close to the Kerzie project. How many green bears do I really need? LOL

And of course, I used a tux Fozzie to make Harold Ziddler from Moulin Rouge/Scrooge, but my friend Kris from EndorExpress.net once made one using a regular Fozzie and a lot of Sculpey. (Or was it a Patrol Bear Fozzie?) Alas, before he took any photos, it fell off a shelf and everything cracked off except part of the moustache!

Here's a video I recently uncovered of Kris' old diorama for Adventure Kermit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQRGrMbjq98

And Taz: So you're the one who bought the lot with Floyd, Lew, and the broken-glasses Scooter, eh? I was watching that one but decided not to bid on it. Glad we weren't driving the price up on each other. I don't think I have any spare Scooter accessories, sorry. I only bought one when he came out, and the rest have all been loose as far as I recall.

Lew Zealand is useful for a few customs. You can put a Scooter head on him to make 'Simon Smith'. You can paint his jacket black for a Steppin' Out Lew Zealand, based on his more formal attire in The Muppets Go To The Movies. Lew also appears as a pirate in Muppets Treasure Island, which might make a cool companion piece to the other MTI figures.

I've even thought about putting the leftover Lew head from my Simon Smith onto a broken Vaudeville Waldorf body to make Lew from the 'Another Opening, Another Show' number from the Mac Davis episode...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8HUgAK5i-M

As for the Floyd, hmmm. You could do a Purple Tux Floyd if you've got a spare Gonzo for the jacket. There's also Floyd's more white suit with the panama hat, not sure how to accomplish it but it would be a cool custom. (I think you can see this outfit in the Pearl Bailey episode; he also wears a suit of armor in that one! That'd be a neat custom.) Or Floyd as the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland (Brooke Shields).

Sigh... too many custom ideas, not enough time to implement them all!

Alex

christianw

Reaction score
Hi & Hello,
new pics from my selfmade Muppet Theatre. New figures: Nigel,Thog,J.P. Grosse,Frank and Jerry.