1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Custom figures and dioramas

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Dearth, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Ludobear

Ludobear Member

Thanks muppetperson. I am fairly happy with how it turned out for a first attempt. I am currently working on a two floor structure to attach to the left side of the backstage set. 1st floor will be Pops ticket office/entrance, and the 2nd floor will be Piggy's dressing room. Looking for picture references for the dressing room. I think the more definitive version is the blue coloured room rather than the pink style? Once i have finished that on to Statler and Waldorfs theatre box.

2. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

I'm reviving this thread:
    With so many new Muppets on the scene, from Adult Skeeter, which sounds lewd, to Angelo, Walter, Constantine, 80's Robot, the Moopets, and now Denise, I'm eagerly awaiting more of these characters to appear.

3. LamangoNumber2

Dearth, you around good buddy? I was wondering, if maybe you could recreate the Rocking All Around The World from Muppets at Walt Disney World, with Floyd, Janice, Dr. Teeth, Animal, Zoot, and Lips?

Or you ever think about removing Cliffords eyes and just have the better Clifford?

LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  4. Ludobear

Ludobear Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] My Electric Mayhem Bus Custom

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    muppetperson and los like this.
  5. Ludobear

Ludobear Member

[​IMG] All my custom figures so far[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

muppetperson and floydnjanicefan like this.
  6. Ludobear

Ludobear Member

Muppet family Christmas, Emily Bear's (Fozzies Mum) house at Christmas, Palisades custom figures and playset/diorama. I know it's only June :)[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] custom

7. Ludobear

Ludobear Member

Piggy's Dressing Room, Custom diorama. It's designed to fit on the side of the Backstage Play set, and underneath is Pop's Ticket Office.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Ludobear

Ludobear Member

Pop's Ticket Office custom[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Ludobear

Ludobear Member

Custom play set main stage, dressing room and ticket office with Palisades backstage play [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] set in the middle

10. Ludobear

Ludobear Member

Muppet Palisades Frog Scouts and Miss Appleby Scout leader[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

These are great! My favorite figure is Emily Bear, but I love all of them. The stage setup is fantastic.

12. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

You somehow outdid Palisades. :o

Ever consider attempting the band pit?

13. Ludobear

Ludobear Member

Thanks for the positive comments guys :) and the blasphemy Blue Frackle :halo: I'm currently working on the band pit and Statler & Waldorf box (still :sleep:) as it happens. I'm using the Usher Scooter body and a bit of sculpting for a suited Floyd Pepper and Animal to go in the band pit. Not sure how to do a suited Zoot as he seems to be a bit of a different shape and don't want the body shapes to be to repetitive :confused:
    Currently painting a Palisades stunt Gonzo to look like the Hollywood PVC figure using this pic as reference[​IMG]

Blue Frackle likes this.
  14. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

You are awesome!

You could always hold out for Diamond Select's wave 2, as it will contain the theater box and an appropriate drum set for Animal in the pit.

15. Ludobear

Ludobear Member

That was my thought too initially, but now having seen the scale of the Diamond Select range i'm less hopeful it can be adapted for Palisades figures. I did pre-order 2 sets of wave 2 just in case i can use it though :skeptical: I thought the drum set may be useful for my frog scout band i'm building if it's to small for the larger Palisades figures.

los and Blue Frackle like this.
  16. los

los Active Member

Do you have a write up on how you created this masterpiece

17. Ludobear

Ludobear Member

Hardest part of this custom was finding a school bus that would work with the Palisades figures scale. After many months of searching Ebay I found a Bratz dolls school bus. I needed to sand a few details off such as the large molded and sticker image of a Bratz girl on the side of the bus, I also needed to cut a window out so you could see Dr Teeth driving the bus. I did this all with my Dremel tools cutting and sanding attachments, (that tool is so handy for making all sorts of customs). I then spray painted a base coat of white and then a dark red and painted all the other details by hand, dry brushing some areas with blues and white to get a spray type effect. I also dry brushed some of the buses edges with black paint to give it a more aged effect. For the white lines and outlines I found a white paint ball point pen which makes it much easier to paint on thin white lines. I used pictures of the Electric mayhem bus from the Muppet Movie. I still need to paint the other side of the bus with the keyboard designs and other bits. [​IMG]

muppetperson, LeahXZoot4Evur and los like this.
  18. los

los Active Member

All your dios and customs are great. Wish I can have them all

19. LamangoNumber2

Ludo, you really out do yourself every time I come to these forums. It's amazing.

20. LamangoNumber2

Well, has anyone ever had the entire 7 members of the Electric Mayhem together? Like, recreating this picture, but with Lips somewhere in it?
    [​IMG]