1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Custom Member Titles

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by D'Snowth, Feb 22, 2006.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Most forums these days allow members to have custom member titles (well to a degree that is), so why not Muppet Central?
  2. HOw about a custom title once you reach 2,000 posts or so? If you could right when you joined what is the fun in getting new ranks?
  3. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

Yeah, that'd be totally awesome to have custom titles. The only real custom title I've ever seen here is "Game Master" for BethC. I'm not sure how she got that, but no fuss intended either. :D The custom titles once we hit 2,000 posts and become Senior Members would be great!
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Well... Um, you get the Senior Member title at a mere 1000 posts.
    And BethC got that title, along with Fozzie Bear (Kevin) cause they were the rully active ones back in the summer of 2004 when the Games section was flushed and started over again. Course, Kev's been elevated to Moderator now.

Hope this helps.
  5. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

Oh, 1,000 posts! I thought it was 2,000! That's awesome! :D
  6. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Or possibly custom ranks for only the elite? 5000 or even 10000 posts. :O
  7. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I think we have enogh post jumkies as it is. Allowing another post status symbol might fuel those guys even more.
  8. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think senior member is now way too easy to get, it might be better to set it to 2,000 or even 3,000 for anyone who hasn't earned it yet. I don't like the idea of custom titles, people could probably abuse that and its a family forum.
  9. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Yes, I have thought of the clenlyness angle of custom titles... I guess I wouldn't mind too much if there were custom titles, but I also like the ranking system we currently have.
  10. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Well... Few things.
    What if within the current ranking system more titles were added to pad the scheme?
    At the moment we only have:
    Junior Member: 0 posts.
    Member: 30 posts.
    Senior Member: 1000 posts.
    Some of the titles could have Muppety connotational references.
    Custom titles could be enabled at a certain post total, and those that are more towards the "not suited for MC" category could be dealt with by the mods/admins by asking the user to change their title. If it leads to abuse, then the privilege could be eliminated for that particular user.

Keep the discussion going as this is something that interests me personally.
  11. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

Oh, this would make a rather colorful addition.
    Ranks besides just plain senior...

HEHEH! :D
  12. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Oh I absolutely LOVE this idea. I've been a "Senior Member" for like, 10,000 posts now. It's getting kinda old. :p I definitely like Ed's idea a few posts before this, and also agree with Luke that Senior Member status is WAY too easy to reach for some people. I think the post total should be raised, but that's just me. Maybe add more titles in between? :smirk:
  13. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Wow... it's not such a good idea at first, and now more than a year later it's become intriguing...
  14. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Well, more than a year later there are 7 people with more than 10 000 posts, and the everyone on the first page of the members list (if you sort by Posts) has more than 3000.

I still agree with what I said voer a year ago. If every few thousand we had a new title, and maybe after 10 000 or 15 000 you can create your own title.

For example:
    1000 posts: senior member
    10 000
    15 000 (customizable)

The ranks with no description could be muppety themed ranks.
  15. Luke

Luke Active Member

I definitely think senior member should be 3000 then. User ranks don't matter to people who have been here ages but would probably be something fun for the newer people, so maybe have a couple of muppety titles for like 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500. Not sure anything Muppety would really fit in though.

The downside is maybe its a bad thing to do it because people might just bump up their post count for the sake of changing titles, but then they're doing that anyway sometimes for the senior one.
  16. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

That is my only concern as well, I have seen it happen in the past. If the mods are willing to really keep an eye on it then I see no reason why we couldn't do it.
  17. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Guys I have to say I am with Vic. I think there are alot of people on here that are too concerned with thier post count. I dont want to fuel that anymore than it all ready is.
  18. Pork

Pork Active Member

It could be a problem as far as post count is concerned, but on the other hand it could be a bit of fun, having a few different ones in there. I'm not really worried either way.
  19. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I think we should leave it uo to the all mighty and wise MC staff.
  20. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

The trashheap has spoken! Neyyyyyy!

Hmm...I like the idea of having Mupppety titles between 300 and 10,000. As Prawnie said, Senior Member does seem to get old after a while. There could be some fun ones like, "Labrat," "Hapless Assistent", "Janitor," "At the Dance Supervisor," etc, going up to "All Knowing Trashheap," and "Mighty Favog."