Custom Member Titles

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Most forums these days allow members to have custom member titles (well to a degree that is), so why not Muppet Central?

F

furryredmonster

HOw about a custom title once you reach 2,000 posts or so? If you could right when you joined what is the fun in getting new ranks?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Yeah, that'd be totally awesome to have custom titles. The only real custom title I've ever seen here is "Game Master" for BethC. I'm not sure how she got that, but no fuss intended either. :big_grin: The custom titles once we hit 2,000 posts and become Senior Members would be great!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Um, you get the Senior Member title at a mere 1000 posts.
And BethC got that title, along with Fozzie Bear (Kevin) cause they were the rully active ones back in the summer of 2004 when the Games section was flushed and started over again. Course, Kev's been elevated to Moderator now.

Hope this helps.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh, 1,000 posts! I thought it was 2,000! That's awesome! :big_grin:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Or possibly custom ranks for only the elite? 5000 or even 10000 posts. :O

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I think we have enogh post jumkies as it is. Allowing another post status symbol might fuel those guys even more.

Luke

Reaction score
I think senior member is now way too easy to get, it might be better to set it to 2,000 or even 3,000 for anyone who hasn't earned it yet. I don't like the idea of custom titles, people could probably abuse that and its a family forum.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes, I have thought of the clenlyness angle of custom titles... I guess I wouldn't mind too much if there were custom titles, but I also like the ranking system we currently have.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Few things.
What if within the current ranking system more titles were added to pad the scheme?
At the moment we only have:
Junior Member: 0 posts.
Member: 30 posts.
Senior Member: 1000 posts.
Some of the titles could have Muppety connotational references.
Custom titles could be enabled at a certain post total, and those that are more towards the "not suited for MC" category could be dealt with by the mods/admins by asking the user to change their title. If it leads to abuse, then the privilege could be eliminated for that particular user.

Keep the discussion going as this is something that interests me personally.