1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Custom Muppet holiday stockings

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by brkndwnbus, Nov 27, 2011.

1. brkndwnbus

brkndwnbus Active Member

[​IMG]
    I wasn't sure where to add this, but I wanted to share some Muppet x-mas stockings my creative mom made for my wife and I (and our three pets). And yes, one of our pets is actually named Sweetums (a Newfoundland, so it fits being a BIG dog!)
    Anyway, just wanted to pass these along. She tried making Rowlf, but just couldn't get it to look right. She's working on a Miss Piggy for my brother-in-law right now.
  2. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

these are awesome
  3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

would there be any way to make a walter one
  4. brkndwnbus

brkndwnbus Active Member

I can certainly ask. I'll let you know.
  5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

ok lol cuz i want one of walter or miss poogy
  6. muppfozz

muppfozz Member

:cluck: Your mom is so creative....These stockings are soooooo cute.

:crazy:I would need nine .
  7. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

I love these..especially the Janice one!
  8. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

Those are so cool! I like Kermit and Beaker the best :)
  9. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

Very nice! She did a really good job!
  10. brkndwnbus

brkndwnbus Active Member

Thanks, everyone! :)

She just did a Piggy, Fozzie and Statler for some other family/friends.
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  11. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

Those stockings are amazing!! Tell your Mom she did an amazing job! :)
  12. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Please post pics!!!! :)
  13. brkndwnbus

brkndwnbus Active Member

I'm working on getting them. She didn't take pics before giving them to people, so I'm trying to get my friends and brother who received the stockings to take the photos and send them my way. :)
  14. ilovemuppet4eva

ilovemuppet4eva Active Member

How much does she charge per stocking?
  15. brkndwnbus

brkndwnbus Active Member

I'm not sure what she would charge. So far she has only done them for family and friends, so she did them for nothing. My guess would be she would charge for supplies and time spent on them. She had to stop since the holidays are fast approaching, but I can ask if she plans to do some more after the holidays slow down.
  16. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------------
    Wonderful! I'm actually planning to make felt stockings themed after individual Muppets for friends & family next year...when hopefully I can afford the materials for the designs in my head! Great inspiration here, thanks for posting the pic! :)

--------------------
  17. muppfozz

muppfozz Member

:insatiable: Did you ask your Mom yet? Did ya, Did ya , Did ya ?
  18. brkndwnbus

brkndwnbus Active Member

I finally did. She doesn't know how comfortable she is with the idea yet. She doesn't think they're worth charging people for, even though I told her people seem to generally enjoy them that I have shown photos to. I'll continue to bug her about it, though. I think I can get her to try doing some for people and see how it goes. She'll likely practice some more for fun, so I think she'll change her mind after attempting some more.
  19. brkndwnbus

brkndwnbus Active Member

I didn't want to make a new thread about this year's new addition, but a Muppets tree skirt has been added to the Muppet holiday collection.

[​IMG][​IMG]
  20. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

That is so awesome!!! I want one now!
    brkndwnbus likes this.