1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Cutest Muppet Moments

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by HeraLirambar, Jun 11, 2003.

1. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar Well-Known Member

What do you think are the cutest things you've seen or heard that had to do with the Muppets?

And by cute I mean... well, whatever your definition of cute is!:) Sweet, adorable, funny, silly, sentimental, whatever! Yes, even whatevers can be cute.

IMHO,
    1. Twitch from the Tale of the Bunny Picnic
    2. That sound Lips made when Doc hit him with the door in MFC. Don't ask why, I just think it sounded, well, cute.
    3. Gonzo's song in one of the "At the Dance" sketches. I'm not sure of the title, but the lyrics started "And now the band is playing very slow..." I think.
    4. Kermit in KSY. I've not seen it, but I've seen previews, and he looks soooooooooooo cyute!
    5. Animal in TMTM- "We go bye-bye?"
    6. When Kermit tells Miss Piggy he married her b/c he loves her, not b/c she could spin straw into gold in Muppet Classic Theater.
    7. Floyd singing "While my Guitar Gently Weeps" and saying "There, there, baby, now don't cry. Yeah, Floyd's gonna take care of you" at the end
    8. Methinks there was something from Sesame Street I was gunna mention, but I can't remember it. Curses!
      [/list=1]

So what about you guys?

2. LadyHyde

LadyHyde Well-Known Member

The parody "Seinfeld Babies". Awww.

3. FozzieBear

FozzieBear Well-Known Member

My favorite "cute" muppet moment, is in Muppet's Take Manhattan when piggy has the muppet babies song fantasy. I watch that bit all the time!!

4. TravellingMatt

TravellingMatt Well-Known Member

Here are some of them:

A fairly nervous Farley singing "Forty Blocks From My Home" about his first day at school (Sesame Street)

Robin singing "Over The Rainbow" (TMS)

Fozzie and the snowman (MFC)

The Two-Headed Monster singing a lullaby to itself (Sesame Street)

Forgetful Jones playing baseball (Sesame Street)

Robin & Sweetums singing "Two Lost Souls" (TMS)

"The Wright Brothers At Kitty Hawk" (TMS)

5. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

Love them babies. Watched them over and over.

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

How can you forget Halfway Down the Stairs, people!? That's the cutest thing the Muppets ever did, IMO! It's also the one that always makes me cry...not sure why..LOL :cry: :D :sing:

7. Jonathan

Jonathan Well-Known Member

I would have to Say The Muppet Babbies In the Muppets Take Mannhaton ;)

8. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Well-Known Member

Zoe taking a nap after listening to a lullaby piece, Brooke Shields kissing Floyd at The Muppet Show Live, Because We're Friends, Kermit and Robin singing Christmas Scat from MCC, Pass it On from MFC and All by Myself.

9. MeepMeepBork

MeepMeepBork Well-Known Member

Here are a select few Muppet moments that make me go "awwww";

- Muppet Babies sequence from MTM.

- The wedding scene, of course, from MTM.

- "Halfway Down the Stairs"

- "Two Lost Souls" (Robin poking his head out from under Sweetums' arm at the end is adorable).

- Jean Stapleton and Fozzie singing "Play a Simple Melody".

- Fozzie's backstage interaction with Raquel Welch (who can resist that moment where he turns to the camera and wiggles his ears with his signature "aaaaAAAaaaa"?.

- There are way too many adorable Muppet/Kid moments on Sesame Street to name, but one of my favorites is Kermit singing the alphabet with Joey (...T, U, Cookie Monster!).

- "Couldn't We Ride" from GMC.

- Kermit (Rosenthal) and Piggy's kiss through the bars in GMC.

- "Rainbow Connection", of course, from TMM.

- Scooter and Fozzie's rendition of "Simon Smith and His Amazing Dancing Bear".

- "Hi Diddle Dee Dee" with Fozzie and Rowlf.

- Beaker dancing onto the set, meeping part of the Banana Boat song in the Muppet Labs: Banana Sharpener sketch.

- The Muppet Medley at Jim's memorial service. You can feel the love and camaraderie between all the Muppeteers, and it's just so sweet.

10. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I think the cutest moments that the Muppets ever had was:
    -Anything with Robin involved
    -All the bunnies in The Tale of the Bunny Picnic, not just Bean
    -The Muppet Babies
    -Wembley and the baby bird from "Wembley's Egg"
    -Moments with Elmo in the late 80s and early 90s, especially with Kermit
    -When Ernie returns from Camp Winniwonga after he feels homesick and misses Bert and brings back some souvinears to Bert, the things he liked, of course, especially the paper clip
    -Wembley and the frog from "Space Frog Follies"
    -Philo and Gunge singing "Anything at all" from "Gunge the Great and Glorious"
    -Moments with Grover, he is adorable and funny!

11. APRena

APRena Well-Known Member

Anything with Robin, ever. Adorable. Period. I'm going to stop this post right now, Robin dominates the cuteness realm.

(And the Muppet Babies sequence in MTM. And Snuffy and Bird Bird singing "My Best Friend". Okay, so I lied. ;) )

12. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Well-Known Member

Same for me with him, Beaker, and several others. :flirt:

13. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Well-Known Member

Ernie interacting with Zoe on episode 3999, Prairie in her pajamas in the Letter of the Day Games, Sleeping Beauty in Healthy Storybook Moments, Floyd and Janice's version of Act Naturally and Ukelee Lady.

14. Kiki

Kiki Well-Known Member

I know many people will want to slit my throat and eat my appendix after I say this (exactly, that's the only logical answer) but Elmo can be very high in the cute factor, though I found him more moreso in the earlier sketches, with Luis and Forgetful Jones (and I must say, the "Best of Elmo" video is rather, erm, adorable). Any sentimental moments with Big Bird and Snuffy are lovely, but in something like the goodbye scene in Follow That Bird it's also very sad.

In the way of actual Muppets, as opposed to Sesame Street moments, Gonzo can be very cute. Him and Madeline Kahn on TMS? So ADORABLE. <3 Scooter singing "Six String Orchestra" is rather cute, as is Kermit on... many occasions. And Bean is adorable. I need a Bean plushie.

15. analeisa

analeisa Well-Known Member

Agreed. "*sigh* Someday I'm going to be a star." Scooter in general is pretty cute because he's so eager to please.

Speaking of which, I think of characters/situations rather than specific scences when I think of Muppet cuteness. For example: Fozzie, Robin, Grover, and Elmo (despite how grownups can dislike him) are magnets for cute. The same can be said of situations where Bert and Ernie display their friendship and Kermit shows genuine affection for Piggy.

16. SeanC

SeanC Well-Known Member

There's a really cute moment at the end of 'The Great Santa Claus Switch' where Thog offers the defeated bad guy a Christmas present and a friendly hug. At least I think that's how it goes... it's years since I saw it so maybe I made that bit up :zany:

17. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

No, I agree. I still think Elmo clinging to Snuffy's snuffle to keep him from leaving in the episode where the adults meet Snuffy is quite cute. As well as the episode where Elmo gets his doll and names it David...

On that same episode with Elmo's doll David, it was cute when Snuffy went to Hooper's Store to pick up some cabbage crumb cookies. He then explained to David that his mom lets him get 2 extra cookies- one for himself and one for a friend. When he said his "friend" to share the cabbage cookie with is David, David got this priceless look on his face and replied with, "Well, uh, I think I'll save it for later. It might ruin my dinner."

18. MeepMeepBork

MeepMeepBork Well-Known Member

I third that. Elmo is quite cute, especially in the 80's/early 90's sketches. My personal favorites are "One Fine Face" with Ernie (featured in "The Best of Elmo", which, I agree, is a very cute video) and the post office sketch with Kermit.

19. Alpha Centauri

Alpha Centauri Well-Known Member

Robin singing I'm five.

20. Blue Weirdo

Blue Weirdo Well-Known Member

there's a scene in a Muppet Babies episode I always thought was cute. Fozzie's decided to give up comedy but nothing else he tries is working out so he's sitting there all depressed and Animal crawls over lays some toys in front of him and says in his simple baby voice, "Fozzie, be happy." it's just such a sweet gesture