D23 Day At Disneyland

vaati64

Reaction score
Hey all! Just got home from an amazing day at Disneyland, and I just had to share it with someone. So, we started off by checking in just outside that park. We got an envelope withh some goodies in it. We got an orange wristband, letting us into the event, a free ticket to get into the park, a schedule for the night, a celebration button, and a park map. We also got a free complimentary fastpass to get onto either space mountain, splash mountain, buzz lightyears astro blasters, and two other e-ticket thrill rides.

So we went on space mountain, and passed up a 45 minute wait line, and got on immediately. We then went on It's A Small World, and just waited for the event to begin, since there wasn't anything to do in 15 minutes. So, we met up and they explained that there were no pictures or video aloud at all whatsoever.

Anyway, so we went back stage, hence no cameras, and saw some amazing stuff! We saw ride vehicles under refurbishment, such as a car from Roger Rabbit's Car-toon Spin, cars from California Screamin, and at least three trains in the "garage." It's a shame that pictures weren't aloud, because if they were, I would have thousands.

So, they took us around the corner, and to stall for time, they taught us about the fireworks, and showed us were they shoot off from. They told us that there are like 360 shoot off spots, and are shot off with something like 30-120 psi of air, for anyone that understands what that means. The guy doing the talking almost got in trouble, cause one guy asked about how much money they spend nightly on one show, but a lady orange had to interupt the guy, with very weird sounds, but I could never recreate them.lol

They then made us wait in a line for a couple of minutes. While waiting, they were going around giving out a bag of goodies. This bag included a bottle of water, a bag of pretzels, and misc. candy, sour balls, and a three foot long licorice rope. We also got a button advertising for the D23 expo in September.

We were then let into the theater. Immediately, I recognized the Disney people sitting in the front row. I was awestruck! Actually seeing Disney legends, such as Dave Smith and Tony Baxter in person, was amazing. The speaker of the evening was author Tim O'Day. He introduced the the film and the panel. Tony, Dave, and Ed Hobelman talked about the making of the film.

After watching, the next panel including Jack (I can't remember his last name, but he was the president of Disneyland in the 50's), Geri (can't remember her last name, but she was one of the original Disneyland tour guides), and Bob Gurr. I was hopping to get an autograph from the guys, but couldn't because there wasn't anytime during the event.

After the film, we went over to the carnation plaza for a dessert reception and priority seating for the fireworks. It was at this time that I found out that Tony Baxter and Bob Gurr followed us to the event, so I got Tony to sign a picture I brought, and Bob signed a program I had. The evening ended with the fireworks show.

This event was amazing! I realize I probably sound like I'm bragging, but I'm not trying to. I'm just trying to share this event with basically my second family, as I am on here all the time. Thanks for reading!