Daffy Duck's Fantastic Island

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Awhile back ago we had a great discussion about how it's such a shame the Cartoon Network is cutting back all their Speedy Gonzales cartoons from their rotation.

Well tonight they are airing the movie "Daffy Duck's Fantastic Island" from the early eighties starring Daffy and Speedy. It features some new material interspersed between classic cartoons. If you love Speedy this is rare chance to get some of his material on tape. Sometimes after movies they show some cartoons as well, so maybe we'll get lucky with other Speedy classics.

It starts tonight (Saturday) at 6 central/7 eastern.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I wish they'd do a whole NEW movie, with NEW stories and plots and not intersperse old cartoons in it; but have ALL our faves in it. They can do that in 1.75 hours...er, IF they leave out Michael Jordan...

FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah! I saw bits of it, I don't have cable. I was over someone's house, but I had to leave. Man, Speedy was cool! Maybe they'll repeal the ban, or something!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I only watch Cartoon Network for Adult Swim.

When I want to watch classic, vintage uncut Looney Tunes, I'll pull out my DVDs.

So many classic Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies that aired intact when I was a kid are now sadly chopped up, or not shown on TV at all. It's a shame, really. And because I practically memorized these classic 'toons, I know exactly where the cuts are.

It's sad that Disney still won't release Song of the South in any format. It's considered too "politically incorrect" in this day and age, yet when I was little, I had a Brer Rabbit book and record set. Never saw Song of the South, though.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! Thank you for telling us about this, Phil!

I know what you guts mean about cutting the cartoons up. I remember when they were unedited and I remember where their all cut, too.

WL, I've seen Song Of The South. It's very weird in a trippy sort of way.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember I used to love that Daffy Duck's Fantastic Island Movie. Which was a parody of Fantasy Island. Another great series.

And I liked that 80's reference Speedy used. "We could wish for E.T. to get home."

Lately I've been finding rare classic animated movies either at conventions or the internet. A while ago, I bought a Song of the South video at a comic book convention and a Hugo the Hippo (another rare cartoon movie) DVD from eBay. I believe they both European copies.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I hate Cartoon Network got rid of Looney Tunes. Now you can only see it on Boomerang, and that's on DISH- Network( I don't even have that!).