Danger Mouse and Powerpuff Girls both announced for comebacks

Drtooth

Reaction score
Duckula is totally deserving of a Reboot as well. As long as it keeps the weird traveling to exotic lands and getting in trouble format the original has. I actually quite like some of the changes they made to the character. Turning into a flying carrot (though, shouldn't it be a Tomato?), actually being a little more sinister as a vegetarian (turning victims into veggies and biting them while they're still alive, Igor would be most proud), having massive enough an ego to be threatened by Danger Mouse's popularity. And I dig the odd Super Saiyan hair as well.

Anyone notice the portrait of the original Duckula behind him? Think that he's really just the next incarnation that Nanny screwed up again?

Drtooth

Reaction score
The PPG premiere date has been set at Monday April 4th before going to its usual Thursday Slot (HEY! It's TTG's slot...hmmm).

The previews are confirming my suspicions that this isn't a "reboot" so much a stealth continuation. The girls are clearly older and time seems to have passed, and I think that at least gives the excuse of why they sound different. I wonder if they're going to address their...uh... Arale Norimaki syndrome of looking exactly the same as older kids as they did when they were Kindergarteners. All that's changed is their hair, sorta...

mr3urious

Reaction score
The PPG premiere date has been set at Monday April 4th before going to its usual Thursday Slot (HEY! It's TTG's slot...hmmm).
Could the 3rd season of TTG be the last, or will CN pull a surprise renewal out of nowhere?

(in Chuckie Finster voice) Noooobody knows.

The previews are confirming my suspicions that this isn't a "reboot" so much a stealth continuation. The girls are clearly older and time seems to have passed, and I think that at least gives the excuse of why they sound different. I wonder if they're going to address their...uh... Arale Norimaki syndrome of looking exactly the same as older kids as they did when they were Kindergarteners. All that's changed is their hair, sorta...
I see that the charger for the new Hotline Phone is in the shape of the old one. That's a nice touch. :smile:

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Could the 3rd season of TTG be the last, or will CN pull a surprise renewal out of nowhere?

(in Chuckie Finster voice) Noooobody knows.
Nah, it will probably have it's timeslot changed. Probably to one of the other 10 a day.

You don't put a show on that many times a day if the ratings suck. Then again, if it's on that many times a day, it's impossible for the ratings to suck. So they'll probably just crap out a couple seasons worth of scripts.

I could get on the same old complaint about CN screwing around with its schedule so many times, and I really don't like how on and off "new Thursdays" is. Hopefully PPG ushers in the next full season of New Thursdays with new episodes of their rotation of shows. I'm annoyed by one 11 minute new Clarence at 5 and then having to wait until 7 for a new Bears with TTG reruns in between, only for AT and RS to be pawned off on Saturday.

Muppy

Reaction score
Alright, so I gave the first episode of the new Powerpuff Girls series a chance to change my opinion. I watched the first episode with an open mind.

Nope. Nope, nope, nope. This show I guess is not made for me. Like at all.

First of all, it is wayyy to much of a feminist show. Too me it felt very anti men, and not, guys and girls can all be good together. It was more, "Girls Rule and are better than boys, Hurray!". So the show is not meant for guys like me, but whatever.

Beyond the super feminist undertones, the voices of the main girls still don't sit well with me. I tried to look past it, but the new voice actors are NOT the Powerpuff Girls. And the animation style of the show is again, something that doesn't sit well with me. It's very different than the original, and reminds me a lot of Steven's Universe and Clarence, which are both shows that I don't really care for.

There was also a lot of stuff going on in this episode, but I don't feel like that much happened. Buttercup does some meditation to get rid of her anger problems, so she becomes a hippie. Then when being a hippie doesn't allow her to defeat bad guys, she goes back to being angry. And that's the entire episode in a nutshell. It wasn't particularly funny (maybe it wasn't trying to be ...), and the plot was kind of weak too. I might watch the second episode to see if my opinion will change anymore, but I really don't think this will be a series I'll be watching regularly.

(And of course, they used the weird theme song that I don't like. They're making it really hard for me to enjoy this show lol. I don't think their target audience is fans of the old show, at all)

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Nope. Nope, nope, nope. This show I guess is not made for me. Like at all.
First of all, it is wayyy to much of a feminist show. Too me it felt very anti men, and not, guys and girls can all be good together. It was more, "Girls Rule and are better than boys, Hurray!". So the show is not meant for guys like me, but whatever.
Beyond the super feminist undertones...
Okay, first of all, that's not what feminism means. Feminism is about being equal to males. It's not about one gender being better,or being above the other gender. Feminism literally just means believing in gender equality.

And I don't think the show is "anti men" just because there was one dumb male/overly masculine stereotype character. It was meant to be just that, an exaggeration, a stereotype, and like I said, only one character.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The internet twists the meaning of feminism to mean all male-hating extremists :stick_out_tongue: And those male hating extremists are what give real feminists a bad name. But I digress.
Beyond the super feminist undertones, the voices of the main girls still don't sit well with me. I tried to look past it, but the new voice actors are NOT the Powerpuff Girls. And the animation style of the show is again, something that doesn't sit well with me. It's very different than the original, and reminds me a lot of Steven's Universe and Clarence, which are both shows that I don't really care for.

(And of course, they used the weird theme song that I don't like. They're making it really hard for me to enjoy this show lol. I don't think their target audience is fans of the old show, at all)

I haven't seen the show yet personally, but...who says they are trying to appeal to the older fanbase? They are probably trying to appeal to the younger, pre-teen crowd, and i'm guessing BECAUSE that steven universe style animation is whats popular now, that's why they went in that direction.

Usually when they bring shows back like this, its not to appeal to the older fans (because lets face it, fans will cry and scream no matter how good the show is that its not like the original). They bring shows back with a new format to appeal to a new generation. What is popular now and what people like is far different than what it was 10-20 years ago.

So...I mean...I'm not saying you're not allowed to like the show, just don't be angry that they didn't make it to pander to you...which is honestly how your post came across.

mr3urious

Reaction score
And I don't think the show is "anti men" just because there was one dumb male/overly masculine stereotype character. It was meant to be just that, an exaggeration, a stereotype, and like I said, only one character.
Personally, I'd love to see a one-on-one battle between Manboy and Femme Fatale. :big_grin: