1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" debuts on PBS September 3, 2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phillip, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Phillip Administrator

We've been discussing the show for the past year, but today the first Mister Rogers spin-off series "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" debuts on PBS. Check your local listings and let us know what you think of the show in honor of Fred Rogers, beloved by children and adults around the world. Watch videos and see kid's activities at the official "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" PBS website.

In honor of Fred's memory and impact on Muppet fans, we continue to play music from Mister Rogers on Muppet Central Radio. Classic episodes of the original "Mister Roger's Neighborhood" from 1967-2001 are also available to download.

[IMG]
  2. Hubert Well-Known Member

It just came on at 11:30 here...and right now I'm watching Daniel go to the doctor. I'm a tiny bit disappointed that they didn't have a Doctor Bill be the doctor, but naming the doctor Anna was still a nice little reference.
  3. Hubert Well-Known Member

4. Drtooth Well-Known Member

It's on like 3 or 4 times a day over here... didn't bother to catch it yet. Seems cute enough though. I just hope it doesn't have that loud repeat Dora style.

Does it?
  5. Hubert Well-Known Member

Not in the slightest bit. This is a perfect example of a kid's show done right. I just love how they don't force anything. Their primary goal is to teach a lesson to kids that they can live out in their everyday lives, and they seem to do it flawlessly. The thing I loved the most though, is that they sprinkle in teaching kids other things, such as letters and such, without forcing a thing.

For example, in the "Daniel's Picnic" episode, Daniel, Prince Wednesday, and Miss Elaina are picking out a fruit to eat from the picnic basket. Now it seemed that they also wanted to teach kids the names of a couple fruits and the letters they started with, so instead of saying "This is an apple. It starts with A" like many shows would do, it takes a unique approach by instead having the characters play a game/rhyme of sorts, and has them say "I want a fruit that starts with the letter g! I want the grapes" kind of thing.
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  6. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I watched it today, and the refrences were great! Lady Elaine says "Boomerang Toomerang", and Katerina says meow meow, and in shortr it seems they really thought before they just ruined classic characters. (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse)
  7. Hubert Well-Known Member

Yes, I mean, everything they are doing is great. They aren't trying to be a kid's show like many of the ones out there, they're doing their own thing. There are lots of little references peaked in here and there, like you said, which I really like.
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  8. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I agree! I saw the Find A Way To Play Together episodes today where Prince Wendsday wants to be a dinosaur.
  9. fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

I like your avatar, Dominicboo! :)

This was nice at introducing Daniel to a new generation of kids who weren't even alive when Mr. Rogers passed away, and they included a few musical cues and such from the olden days (that's Mr. McFeeley who lets us know this show was made possible by "Viewers like you".

It's too bad he doesn't live in the clock in the Neighborhood of Make Believe (but he does have a split-level tree and a family).

Unlike Barney and a few other kiddie shows I'd rather not mention, at least here is a show parents can actually watch with their kids, and not have their stomachs turn.
    And kids are not being talked down to or pandered to. Good job to everyone involved, you guys got it right! (Two thumbs up)
    Dominicboo1 and Hubert like this.
  10. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I like yours too. In many way Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood is to Mr. Rogers as the Muppets was to The Muppet Show. It's faithful, fun, and shows actual hard work from someone who truly loved the show when they were younger.
  11. Hubert Well-Known Member

I'm pretty interested to see what kind of (if any) merchandise will come out of all this. This seems like it would make an awful nice line of playsets and PVC type figures...
  12. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I think Daniel could knock Blue's Clues and Dora toys off the shelf.
    Hubert likes this.
  13. ncchuck Active Member

I like the animation style, but the episode i watched the song was mindnumbingly bad
  14. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Would it happen to be that potty song?
  15. ncchuck Active Member

nah something about everyone is big enough to do something, they just kept repeating it over and over showing clips of kids, i was dozing in and out but it was weirding me out :)
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  16. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

What weirds me out is the original Daniel Tiger is now an adult, but Prince Tuesday is just a teenager since they were the exact same age on the original show. Did King Friday buy the fountain of youth or something?
  17. ncchuck Active Member

wow I never noticed that :) that is strange ,if he did why didnt he share
  18. Hubert Well-Known Member

Is Prince Tuesday a teenager in the show? I've just kinda figured that he might be an adult, which though he doesn't look like it, it's a possibility.
  19. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

His voice and looks make me think so, but he's obviously much younger than Mr. Tiger, and I don't know why.
  20. Hubert Well-Known Member

Yeah, I do know what you mean about that. It is a stretch to imagine that Daniel just looks a lot older than Prince Tuesday though they're both the same way. Strange.