Danny Horn, we need to talk

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Normally I don't get dissed on the net, because I'm a nice, humble person who wants things to be fair for all of us. But I was reading the recent Tough Pigs FASQ section and I found:

I'm very nice to people who send me information or pictures, and I'm even nicer to attractive male Muppet fans who flirt with me. But if you're a Tough Pigs reader, then the relationship is pretty unbalanced to start with. I've already done something for you; I've made this website for you to read, and I hope you enjoy it. But if you want anything else, then it's your turn to do something for me. Dig?

But not -- I repeat, not -- like this guy does it:

I am dying to see more Fraggle Rock -- mostly the non-video episodes. I've even gone as far as to collect Fraggle Rock PAL videos from the UK, and I'll be able to watch those once I get my multisystem VCR. I was wondering if you could hook me up with COMPLETE versions of any FR's not released on video in the USA. If you want anything in return I could send you NTSC copies of some of the UK episodes. I hope you can help me out. Thanks for publishing such a cool site.
Cheers,
G Man
Cartoonist @ Large

That's a perfect example right there. G Man wants me to spend my time and money "hooking him up" with COMPLETE Fraggle Rock episodes, and I don't even know his real name. Oh, sure, let me get right on that, G Man. And then he says "if you want anything in return" -- if you want anything, he says -- then maybe he could send me copies of UK episodes... once he gets that multisystem VCR, that is. I haven't had an offer that good in weeks, and I hope I never get one again.

In all fairness, Danny, I understood the way you feel about all these people. I mean, I can tell that if you kept replying to everyone who emailed you, you’d have no time for anything else (figuratively speaking, of course). But you have to be aware of how someone feels if you diss them on your website, where everyone can read it. Case and point: I didn't appreciate the way you used my letter to make me look like a "hound dog", so to speak. If somebody politely asks a favor of you, it doesn't give you the right to publicly defame them and make them look inferior to you. Even now, it seems hypocritical of me to be writing this because it goes against my last statement. However, you're probably well aware of the insults you are prone to receive from the loyal Tough Pigs readers whose emails you quoted and insulted. The fact is, those readers had no intention to bother you in the first place, because they are Muppet fans, just like you, and they are human, just like you. What I want out of this thread is not to exploit you and make you look like a meanie, but to show that you're actually a nice person, and to see to it that peace is restored between us.

In a typical scenario, the proper thing to do would have been to reply, "I appreciate your offer, but unfortunately I have a whole lot of business to take care of and can't find the time to do trades anymore (or whatever the emailer requested). I hope you understand." And I hope you understand how I feel. Like I said, I, and all the other authors whose emails you quoted, had no intention of bothering you in the first place, so I would appreciate a public apology.

Kindest Regards,
Guillermo B. Gomez (G Man)

Luke

Reaction score
You've got the wrong forum - you need to post this in the Toughpigs forum at http://forums.delphiforums.com/toughpigs or email him at danny@toughpigs.com - Danny doesn't even visit Muppet Central much as far as i know.

I agree he shouldn't really be publishing people's personal emails on the web without permission although he does make some effort to remove their full identities. He probably needs some kind of disclaimer line there that anything he gets sent can be published so people are forewarned. He's a good guy and i'm sure would explain things if you contacted him in a more direct manner. His point is a valid one, he's just expressed it in his imitable cranky style and publicly which i guess is the problem ! lol!

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
I read the article at TP. Danny should just refer any of his "Neediest" riff-raff to Muppet Central. I could name the forums that would help them off the top of my head. Especially the "Wanted" and "For Sale or Trade" forums. The other information someone here has for sure. There might even be Dave Goelz articles here too. I've read my share of articles and don't remember.

He might just put a disclaimer up that says, "Don't ask me for help. If you really want a community or information, you're better off going to www.muppetcentral.com" with a nice link to here. He could even call them a bunch of jerks to stay faithful to his Muppet Fans with Attitudes reputation. We like the "Neediest" here at MC. We need someone to use our excess muppet knowledge on.

Heck, we would even take those gosh darn awful pilgrims who come to this blasted continent looking for religious freedom... so long as they showed some kind of interest in the Palisades figures. :smile: