Dark Crystal custom figure diorama

Mystic Master

Reaction score
I've been working on a Dark Crystal custom figure diorama, that contains 2 Mystics and a base (so far) - and I wanted some feedback as to whether I should paint the figures or leave it as-is. I am planning on adding more to the base, and painting the "great conjunction" in the center...heres a preview picture:

Laszlo

Reaction score
Yeah, looks good so far!
I would paint the figures... :smile:

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Wow! How do you guys get such detail? So much like that would make me become farsighted and go crazy from sitting so still the entire time.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Very impressive! Maybe they should hire you to help design the action figures(If they ever make them!:rolleyes: :attitude: :crazy: )

Laszlo

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
Very impressive! Maybe they should hire you to help design the action figures(If they ever make them!:rolleyes:

LOL! Those are the figures from the DIE CAST Set (made by Pinnacle Products, 1983). So he did not sculpt them :smile:

Mystic Master

Reaction score
The figures are recasts of the metal originals, as Laszlo described - but made of resin this time and painted in a rust color. I'm working on a different paint scheme for each figure, based on the various Mystic characters; I might add a hood and a new staff to one of the figures to make them unique...

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
These are really good Mystic Master! I just noticed, you only live an hour away from me! I live near Wooster.

amyfun

Reaction score
I think painting it would bring out the statues. Right now they are beautiful but at first glance they look more like antiqued book ends with the gold.
Good luck! They are my girls favorite characters in the movie.

amyfun

Reaction score
what other merchandise is out for the Dark Crystal?