1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

David Bowie dies at age 69

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by backpackmina, Jan 11, 2016.

1. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

God, I can't believe it..:(

theSHE124 likes this.
  2. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Rest in peace my most noble Goblin King!

3. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Wow we're losing people left and right this year.

4. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I never knew he was fighting cancer, so this was especially sad. :cry:

No different from any other year in the past.

5. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

It's confirmed on The River here in Metro Atlanta...

I tend to hear more of his hits on that radio station. On a previous docu, I had no idea about his sense of performance styles by creating alter-egos. Favorite track? Probably "Under Pressure" with Queen.

I actually first saw Labyrinth when Ryan showed us sisters his DVD. He wound up becoming my brother-in-law, and a very caring one as he knows computer programming. The mystery and effects are awesome :scary:, but I think Bowie's central appearance was the one that surprised me off-guard!

Man of mystery David Bowie, your songs will always be played on The River. :cool:

6. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

A complete shock,I had no idea he even had cancer.This is so sad and so sudden,he always seemed so healthy to me and I can't believe this is real. He just released a new album and some new singles and now this all feels so sudden and just two days after his birthday. Gosh this is really sad. I don't think i'll ever be able to listen to his music or watch the Labyrinth without feeling sad. As for now i'm too sad to even listen to his music or watch the movie at all. We'll miss you David Bowie, I'll miss you.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    theSHE124 likes this.
  7. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

Many Labyrinth fans will never forget the Goblin King. I love Magic Dance. RIP David.

theSHE124 and The Count like this.
  8. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Besides "Labyrinth", Bowie also stole the show in " The Man Who Fell To Earth".
    "Space Oddity", " Rebel Rebel", "Jean Genie", " Suffragette City" is all I've been playing today.
    Thanks for all your tunes, David. Your acting, your painting, you never wasted a moment standing still.

theSHE124 likes this.
  9. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Gutted, just gutted!! The world has lost a true genius who meant so much to so many. He will be missed!

10. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Today brings the truth in the line, "my baby's smile had gone, left my baby blue."
    RIP Jareth, the true Goblin King.

11. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

12. 123Sunny

123Sunny Active Member

I'm so sad he was so great in everything. He's left us babies blue and the stars look very different today :(

[​IMG]I drew this picture of him. We watched his music video for Dance Magic in class today. And we are all sad

theSHE124 likes this.
  13. Skywalker82

Skywalker82 New Member

That blows badly! he was quite a unique musician/artist/actor.

He not only was Jareth but also in The Hunger, Prestige and more.

RIP.

theSHE124 likes this.
  14. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I haven't been beside myself since hearing the news. I've been a fan of Bowie's since I was 10 years old (I'm 38 now), thanks to Labyrinth and from there my fandom just took off. I've had the opportunity to see him perform twice, once live on The Today Show when he was promoting his album "Heathen" and at the Colden Center at Queens College in NY when he was doing his "NY Marathon" tour where he played a show in each of the 5 boroughs.

My husband and I just saw his fabulous off-Broadway play "Lazarus" during Christmas week, and we were both blown away. He kept his illness well under wraps since it seems like many people didn't know he was sick for so long. A true icon in music, fashion and a fine actor to boot. The man was multi-talented and there will never be anyone like him again. A true original, just like our beloved Jim Henson. RIP, Mr. Jones, the stars look very different today.

15. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

So sad to hear of Mr. Bowie's death. He will always be remembered as Jareth, the Goblin King from "Labyrinth" to me- that's mainly where I first heard his music, though I've heard other things since then. If I had to pick a favorite, it'd probably be "Under Pressure" (that he sang with Queen) and "Suffragette City". Also, I love his original songs in "Labyrinth" itself.
    And I definitely appreciate his role as the Starman in his Ziggy Stardust days. (As a big fan of the classic 1984 "Starman" movie and subsequent 1986-1987 TV series "Starman", I like that connection- even though they aren't really directly related.)
    May God bless and comfort his family in this sad time.:concern::sympathy: